Sure, the easiest way to tell the guy you're in love with that you're in love with him is to be direct and say it, but maybe you're too shy to do that. Don't worry - there are plenty of other ways, without words, to show the guy you're in love with that you like him. Once he picks up on the cues, you're well on your way to enjoying a fun and meaningful relationship with the boy of your dreams.
Part 1 of 3: Using body language
Step 1. Make eye contact with him - then break it again
One way to show the guy you're in love with without opening your mouth is to simply make eye contact. Make eye contact for just one or two seconds-just enough time to show him you're paying attention-then look at the floor, or simply look away. This will show the guy you're in love with that you like him without being too explicit about it; if you just stare at him, it can seem too intense.
- You can just do this trick once or twice when you're in the same room together, be it at a party or in class. Just make sure you do it subtly; you don't want him to realize you're staring at him all the time!
- You can even give him a little flirty smile while making eye contact.
Step 2. Smile
You don't have to give the guy you're in love a big grin to show him that you're interested in him. Your smile shouldn't be too big or too generous, because then he might think you're just trying to be friendly; instead, try to be a little mysterious when you smile at him so that you stay a little flirty while you're at it to let him know you're interested in him.
If you're ready to flirt a little more, you can learn to smile with your eyes
Step 3. Turn your body towards the boy you are in love with
Another way to let the guy you love know that you like him is to simply adopt an open body position. If your body is 'open', it means standing up straight, looking at the boy you love, turning your feet and shoulders towards him, and letting your arms hang at your sides, rather than in front of them. to cross your chest. This shows the guy you're in love with that you're interested in him and that you enjoy being with him. The next time you stand or sit next to him, make sure to turn your body in his direction so that he sees that you like him.
For example, if you are talking to him and crossing your legs, make sure your crossed leg is towards him and not crossed away from him so that you adopt a more open stance
Step 4. Sit or stand closer to him
Another way to let the guy you love know that you like him is to simply get a little closer to him, whether you're talking to him or just at a party together. You don't have to get very pushy or get very close to him when you're talking together, or make him feel uncomfortable, but you can show him that you like him simply by turning your body towards him as you are together in social settings. Without being too clingy, you can let the guy you love know that you like him simply by giving him a little more attention than the other guys standing or sitting with him, or by making sure that you talk to each other if you are somewhere with a small group.
If you're talking to him, make the effort to stand or sit a little closer to him as the conversation progresses. If he doesn't stand or sit further away from you, but instead approaches you, this could be a sign that he has mutual feelings for you
Step 5. Make physical contact
If you want to let the guy you love know that you like him without throwing it out, you can also lightly touch him once or twice. When you talk to him or walk past him, you can lightly touch him on the shoulder or upper arm, or even playfully slap his arm when he's teasing you. If you're standing or sitting next to him, you can occasionally let your feet or knees touch his, showing him that you want to be closer to him.
It only takes a little bit of physical attention to let the guy you're in love with know that you like him. You don't have to go too far into it: touching him once or twice during a conversation already shows that you like him
Step 6. Make sure you look your best
This doesn't mean you have to put on a prom dress or put on a lot of makeup to get the attention of the guy you're in love with. But it does mean that you look nice, fresh, and clean when you talk to the guy you're in love with; putting in the effort for your appearance will give you a boost in your confidence, and it will also show the guy you're in love with that you want to make a good impression on him. Make sure you wear clothes that you feel comfortable in, and don't pretend to be who you are.
If you're with the guy you like and just a small group of people, and you've dressed up nicely, you're showing him that you've thought about what you wanted to look like for him, which could mean you're in love with him. are
Part 2 of 3: Giving subtle hints
Step 1. Befriend him
One way to show the guy you're in love with is to try befriending him. As long as you're not really friends with each other yet, you can show him that you have a genuine interest in him. Ask him questions about his life, make sure you share similar interests, and just spend time with him whether you're working on a group project or hanging out with other friends. Just make sure he doesn't see you as a little sister or one of his mates, and don't take on the role of the girlfriend who has to deal with his love issues with other girls.
- If you want to befriend him, you show him that you want to get closer to him. That can be a great way to let him know you like him, especially if you don't have many other male friends. It can also help you to get to know the guy before you rashly dive into a relationship. Infatuations are often a whim, and our actions can be very impulsive. Friendship is a great way to see if you really like him before getting into a relationship with him.
- Take it easy. If you don't know him that well yet, start with a simple conversation and work your way up to being together more and more.
Step 2. Don't blow yourself up
If you want to show the guy you're in love with that you like him, show that you can be yourself around him. If you're bragging, saying how awesome you are, telling exaggerated stories because you want to be funny, or doing anything that really doesn't make you feel like yourself, it won't help the guy you're in love with. convince them to like you too. In fact, he's more likely to think you're really interested in him if you're yourself, open up, and talk about your interests and friends.
Remember that eventually you want a guy who likes you just the way you are. Of course, you don't want him to like another version of you, and that would also make it difficult to start a real relationship because it would make it difficult to be yourself
Step 3. Give him a small gift
Giving a small gift is an easy way to let the guy you love know that you like him without overdoing it. Just buy something he's talked about, or something you think he'd like, like a book or a CD. You can also go a little crazy and give him something practical, like a pencil case because you've noticed that he always forgets to bring a pencil to class. You can write a short note to put with the present and give it to him in person, or put it on his table.
Of course this works best if you already know him and if you are already friends; if you've never met, giving a gift can seem overwhelming to him
Step 4. Ask him questions so he knows you care
One way to let the guy you're in love with know that you like him is to show him that you're genuinely interested in him. You do this by simply asking him questions about his life, and by making the effort to really listen to his answers, rather than thinking about your next move. Ask him about his plans for the weekend, his favorite sport, the school activities he participates in, his friends, his favorite bands or movie stars so you can get the conversation going; this shows that you are interested in him as a person, and that you may also be a little bit in love with him.
- You can also ask him about his pets, his favorite movies, or things he likes to do in his spare time.
- Just make sure you don't ask too many personal questions in the beginning or he may feel uncomfortable.
- Make sure you also tell things about yourself; It is of course not the intention that your questions come across as an interrogation.
Step 5. Tease him
The guy you're in love with will find you like him if you tease him a little. You don't have to exaggerate to get the message across; just playfully tease him about his new haircut, the sport he plays (especially if his team keeps losing), the obsession with his favorite band, or anything else you know he won't take too personally. This shows him that you like him enough to have a spontaneous and casual conversation.
- Just make sure he knows you're teasing him and that he takes it well. Because maybe the subject of his sports team is sensitive to him, for example, and he doesn't think it's funny that they keep losing.
- Show him that you're not just teasing just anyone. If he thinks you're teasing all his friends too, then he doesn't know he's special to you.
Step 6. Help him with all kinds of things
The boy you're in love with will suspect that you like him if you help him with all sorts of things. You don't have to go very far to help him, but making a few small gestures can show him that you really have a special interest in him. This could mean taking his homework for him when he's sick and home, lending him a textbook, or answering any questions he might have. This can be a really good way to show him that you care, as long as he doesn't take advantage of it.
- Ideally, he should also find a way to help you. He's not supposed to think you're always there for him when he needs something.
- Think of ways you can help him; for example, maybe you're too shy to ask him if he needs help with math homework, but you can still just offer it and see what he says.
Step 7. Flirt with him
Flirting clearly shows the guy you're in love with that you like him. To flirt with him, all you have to do is tease him, be playful, and show him a special interest towards all the other guys in the room you are in. Play a little hard to get, showing him that you do like him, by smiling at him, laughing at his jokes, and making an effort to show him that you want more time with him. want to pass.
- Flirting can be tricky to master, but it basically means not taking yourself too seriously, while talking about minor topics with the guy you're in love with, and letting him know that you want to know what he has to say, while also teasing him a little.
- You can occasionally lick your lips or play with your hair a little while talking to the guy you're in love with to make you seem a bit more playful.
Part 3 of 3: Really telling him
Step 1. Don't let any of your girlfriends tell him you like him
If you want the guy you're in love with to know how much you like him, then you have to tell him yourself, even if you do it through a letter. While it may seem easier to get one of your friends to pass the message on to the guy you're in love with, it can make you seem like you're not ready for an adult relationship yet, or feel uncomfortable being with him. to talk. Even if he says he likes you too, it still means the relationship isn't off to a good start.
And, of course, you don't want him to feel embarrassed with all your friends around him; respect his privacy and tell him personally how you feel about him
Step 2. Write a note or letter to him
If you're too shy to tell the guy you're in love with that you like him, you can write him a short note or a longer letter letting him know how you feel about him. You can slide it in his locker through a crack or just give it to him. Let him know you like him, possibly with one or two reasons why, and ask if he feels the same way about you. This is a good way to let him know in a direct way how you feel about him, while taking some of the pressure off of the thought of having to tell him.
- Keep it short and pleasant. It's better not to go into too much detail about how much you like him at this stage, because you don't know if he likes you yet.
- You can put in it how best to approach you, by letting him know where to leave the note with his answer, or by giving him your number.
Step 3. Call him
Another way to let him know you like him is to call him and simply tell him how you feel about him. Indeed, technically that means letting him know with words how you feel about him, but if you find that you can't tell him you like him in other ways without words, then maybe it's time to just to say. Call him, take a deep breath, and quickly tell him how you feel about him, and ask him if he feels the same way about you. Before you know it you already have your answer.
Just say something like, “I've had a lot of fun with you these past few weeks, and I want to let you know that I like you. I want to know if you like me too.”
Step 4. Tell him in person
If it doesn't feel quite right to express your feelings over the phone, it may be time to determine the right time and place to start a conversation with him. Just ask him if you can see each other in a place where you are alone, make eye contact, and simply tell him how you feel about him. Give him time to react and give an answer, and try not to put any pressure on him; keep it light, try not to look too heavy.
- It's okay to talk little by little to make him feel comfortable, but don't be afraid to throw it out and make your feelings known.
- You can give him one or two compliments while letting him know you like him. You can say something like, “I really can't laugh at anyone like you do,” showing why you like him.
Step 5. Respond appropriately
Once the guy you're in love with knows that you like him, he will say that he likes you too, or that he wants to be friends with you. If he says he likes you too, then you can celebrate and start a tense relationship with him. But if he doesn't feel the same way about you, then it's important to remain mature and keep the situation comfortable, rather than getting emotional or making him feel bad for not feeling the same for you as you do for him. Of course you will feel bad, but make it seem like it's not much, and only give space to your sadness when you are alone.
- Whatever happens, leave a good impression. If you're going to scold him or be mean to him for not reciprocating your feelings, then you're really going in the wrong direction.
- Even though he may not reciprocate your feelings, he will respect you for being open and honest with him. You can be proud of yourself for being so vulnerable and taking the trouble to do it
- Be yourself because you are unique and beautiful!
- Stay calm and relaxed.
- Have fun!
- It's okay if you feel embarrassed when he's around! If he likes you, he'll either laugh or ignore you and act like nothing happened. They are both signs that he cares about you!
- Your body language will show him that you like him.
- It's okay to be nervous when you ask him out. But be yourself and don't be rude to him or others, because he will notice and then he will not like you anymore.
- Don't tease him too much and know your limits in it.
- Try to become his secret admirer! After a few letters, you can write him a final letter giving him a few hints about who you are, and if he still doesn't know, just tell him. Good luck.
- Make sure you're in love with him before you tell him. If you tell him and then realize that you don't actually like him as much as you thought, it'll be even harder to tell him than if you told him you liked him.
- Don't make him just become a friend of yours.
- Don't let his friends around when you tell him.
- Don't try to pretend to be different, or change yourself for him; just be yourself. If he doesn't accept you as you are, then he's not the right person for you.
- Let the boy you love know that you care about him as a person.
- Try to be flirty and CONFIDENT. Guys like it when a girl stands up for herself and her opinion.
- Don't ignore him. If he wants to spend time with you, that's a good sign.
- Don't try to change yourself to impress him. If he likes you then he likes you the way you are.
- Don't giggle all the time when you're around him. That can get irritating.
- If you try too hard, he will notice.
- Body language is everything, so be open to him, but don't intimidate him.
- Flirting is too much never good.