Astrology studies the interaction between planets, stars and characters. A horoscope drawing is used to interpret a person's character and make predictions about his or her future. Learning how to read a horoscope will give you more insight into yourself.
Part 1 of 3: Reading your zodiac sign
Step 1. Find your zodiac sign
The outer edge of the zodiac is divided into 12 planes. Your date of birth falls in one of those planes. The plane in which your date of birth falls is your zodiac sign. There are 12 zodiac signs that all represent different character traits. Find which plane you fall in to find your zodiac sign.
- On your horoscope drawing there is a small person drawn on the sphere in the middle. The person is drawn at the top of the longitude of your place of birth. You can draw a straight line from the little person to the outer edge of the drawing. This will show you your zodiac sign.
- The stars, planets and constellations are drawn how they related to each other on your date of birth.
Step 2. Learn the meaning of your zodiac sign
Your zodiac sign influences your personality. For example, if you are an Aries, you are passionate, driven, ambitious and outgoing. You can find information online about personality traits associated with your zodiac sign. You can also consult books on astrology in the library, or buy them online or in a bookstore. This will help you learn more about yourself by using your zodiac sign.
Step 3. Understand what influences reading your horoscope drawing
Keep in mind that your zodiac sign is only a small part of how you read your horoscope drawing. Several aspects influence how you read your horoscope. You should also consider all other aspects of the drawing, such as your houses and planets, to get a complete picture of your horoscope drawing. This information depends on both your place of birth and your date of birth.
Part 2 of 3: Interpreting the houses
Step 1. Find the Ascendant
The Ascendant is a very important part of a horoscope drawing. Your Ascendant is the rising sign on the eastern horizon, which could be seen at the time and location where you were born. You need to find your Ascendant to know how your houses are calculated in your horoscope drawing.
- If your horoscope drawing were a clock, you will find your Ascendant at 9 o'clock. This points to the Cusp of your first house.
- The horoscope drawing is divided into 12 internal sections that have a bit of a triangle shape. Count the houses counterclockwise, with the Ascendant indicating your first house.
Step 2. Learn the first six houses
The different houses refer to different aspects of your life. Which zodiac sign dominates the different houses influences your horoscope drawing.
- The first house represents you at birth. This is your identity, your physical appearance, your attitude, your temperament and other inherent qualities. Planets and signs in your first home have a huge influence on your personality.
- The second house represents your money, your personal belongings, your self-esteem and your attitude towards those things. Financial security and emotional well-being during your life are determined by which signs and planets are in your second home.
- The third house represents communication and transportation. How others communicate with you, physical forms of communication, such as letters and short-distance travel, are found in the third house. This also refers to your mental attitude, your learning behaviour, your self-expression and your way of speaking.
- The fourth house represents your home, your family, and your real estate. Your origin, your background, your childhood and your inner emotions related to it are dominated by this house.
- The fifth house represents children and your relationship to children. Romance, love affairs and your perspective on pleasure and pleasure can also be found in this house.
- The sixth house is the house of health and service, and represents your overall physical well-being in your life.
Step 3. Learn about the last six houses
Besides the first six houses, there are six other houses. You read your horoscope drawing by looking at where these houses are located in your horoscope drawing, and which planets and signs control these houses.
- The seventh house represents serious, committed relationships. Things like marriage and romantic relationships are controlled by this house. It also shows what you need in a steady romantic partner.
- The eighth house is the house of the new birth. Birth, death, decay, healing, operations and injuries can be found in this house. Sex can also be found in this house.
- The ninth house represents long distance travel. Journeys in the ninth house are both physical and metaphorical. In addition to long journeys of 800 kilometers and longer, you will also find emotional explorations and transformations in this ninth house.
- The tenth house represents your career and your status. Your ambitions and your desires can be found in this house. It also shows your place in a community.
- The eleventh house is also known as the house of hope. It represents when and if your dreams come true. Apparently you should wait until you have an important planet in this house before taking big risks.
- The twelfth house represents secrets. Things that are hidden, such as hidden emotions and secret aspects of one's past can be seen in the twelfth house.
Part 3 of 3: Understanding your planets
Step 1. Find the planets
Planets passing through different houses in your drawing affect your horoscope. Planets are scattered throughout the drawing and are represented by different symbols.
- The sun is represented by a circle with a dot in the center. The moon is shaped like a small crescent moon.
- Venus is the symbol for femininity while Mars is the symbol for masculinity. Mercury is also a male symbol and has two small lines coming out of the top of the circle.
- Jupiter is represented by a symbol that resembles a number 4. Saturn is represented by a symbol that resembles a number 5.
- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto all have fairly intricate symbols. Uranus resembles something like a woman's symbol upside down with four lines on either side, two on each side, spinning up in opposite directions. Neptune resembles an upside-down cross with two lines on each side that go up in a loop. Pluto is a kind of combination of Neptune and Uranus. It is a woman symbol standing up, with two lines on either side going up in a loop.
Step 2. Learn about personal planets
The planets are divided into two types: personal planets and outer planets. Personal planets are the sun, moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.
- The sun represents one's basic identity and destiny. The moon represents how a person reacts and reflects on life events.
- Mercury is your ability to bond with individuals and objects. Venus shows you what you feel comfortable with and what you love. Mars represents your willpower and your actions.
Step 3. Learn about the outer planets
The outer planets are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto and Neptune. They refer to aspects of your personality other than the inner planets.
- Jupiter represents how you integrate yourself into society and your personal development.
- Saturn represents your personal responsibilities and your personal rules that you develop for yourself over time.
- Uranus represents your ability to learn and grow.
- Neptune refers to your ideals and your fantasy.
- Pluto represents your ability to change and self-development, and refers to deep and personal forms of change.
Step 4. Interpret your planets with your houses and your signs
In order to read your horoscope drawing properly, you need to take into account where the planets appeared. What kind of house are they in and under what sign? This gives you insight into your personality and your life path.
- Planets represent what you do, what you love and what motivates you. Houses represent your way of doing a particular task. Signs represent in which areas of your life you can expect a certain growth or change.
- Suppose you have Uranus in Aries in your fourth house. Uranus represents your ability to learn and grow. Aries is a sign that refers to ambition, passion and strong emotions. The fourth house refers to your home, your family and your property. This may mean that you are passionate about personal relationships and learn and grow most through your family. You invest more in your family emotionally and interact with your family in an introspective way.
- It can be very difficult to draw your own horoscope chart, but there are websites that produce a horoscope chart for you that you can use. Be careful though as not all websites work accurately. Pay attention to user experiences and feedback to find a good website. You can also find a professional astrologer in your area who can make a chart for you.
- To be able to read a horoscope drawing properly, you need to know the time of your birth in addition to your date of birth.