This wikiHow teaches you how to adjust your status in WhatsApp. Every status you create will remain visible to your contacts for 24 hours.
Step 1. Open WhatsApp Messenger
The WhatsApp icon looks like a white speech bubble with a telephone receiver inside.
Step #2. Tap on the Status button
- On a iPhone this button looks like a circle with three wavy lines around it. The button is located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- On a androiddevice, this button is located at the top of the screen next to the 'Chats' option.
- When WhatsApp opens a conversation, tap the back button in the top left corner.
Step #3. Tap on the Add Status button at the top right corner of the screen
This button looks like a circle with a plus sign in it.
Step 4. Create a status
Tap the white circle at the bottom of your screen to take a photo or hold your finger on the circle to record a video.
You can also choose a photo or video from your camera roll at the bottom of the screen to add to your status
Step 5. Edit your status
Use the options in WhatsApp to add text, emoji and drawings to your status update.
- Tap it Pencilicon in the top right corner to add a colorful drawing to your status.
- Tap it ticon to add text. You can give the text any color and size, and you can move it anywhere.
- Tap on emojiicon to add emoji. You can add any emoji using your keyboard.
- Tap the button crop to the right of the emoji icon to crop your status update.
Step 6. Tap on the Send button
This button looks like a tiny paper airplane and is located in the lower left corner of the screen. This will update your status.