Be genuine, confident and courteous and you will be able to impress any girl you chat with on WhatsApp. While a good profile picture and smart status can leave a good first impression, the key lies in a good conversation. Ask questions to show that you'd like to get to know her and find a topic close to her heart. Try to relax, be yourself and remember that the best way to impress someone is by not trying too hard.
Part 1 of 4: Building a good profile
Step 1. Choose a good profile picture
A great profile picture (called DP in the language of WhatsApp) is the first step to impress a girl via WhatsApp. Use your best selfie, for example a photo of you doing something exciting or of an interesting place you've visited.
- For example, if you like to play the guitar, you can choose a photo as a DP on which you are playing. When in doubt, simply bare your beautiful white teeth and take a selfie with your head on with your most dazzling smile.
- If you prefer not to use a photo of yourself, you can use your favorite cartoon character, athlete or artwork as a DP.
Step 2. Create an interesting status
WhatsApp offers all kinds of preset statuses, such as "Battery low," but you should try to make your status unique. Take a moment to think about how you want to make yourself come across with your status. It could be the lyrics of a favorite song, a movie, a quote, or a brief statement about your day.
If you know that you and a certain girl both love a song or movie, you can use a quote in your status to start a conversation
Step 3. Format the text in your profile and messages
A profile on WhatsApp is pretty basic and, unlike Facebook's many options, it only contains your DP, status, availability and contact information. However, you can boast of how well you can handle WhatsApp by using hacks like text formatting.
- You can make the text in your status or messages bold, italicized or crossed out by typing symbols around the words you wish to customize. Type asterisks around words you want to bold, such as *this*. Use underscores around words you want to _italicize and use ~ around words you want to cross out.
- You can also go to the privacy settings and hide your availability, but this will reduce the chance that the girl you are trying to impress will contact you.
Part 2 of 4: Breaking the ice
Step 1. Check out her social media to find out what her interests are
These days, part of getting to know someone is checking out profiles on social media. Check out the social media profiles of the girl you're trying to impress to find out what she likes and doesn't like. By getting to know her interests you can take a step forward to start a conversation with her.
For example, you could say, "I've found you like origami-maybe you could teach me how to fold a crane?"
Step 2. Try not to stress about texting her
Breaking the ice can be quite stressful, but try to relax and don't think too much about it. The first time you message her, simply say hello and ask a question to get the conversation started.
Remember, she may be busy if she doesn't respond immediately. And even if she doesn't respond at all, that's not the end of the world
Step 3. Start by asking how she is
The first time you send a message you can say something like 'Hey, how are you?'. You can also ask how her day was or what she did.
Start a conversation by asking a question that makes her more likely to respond
Step 4. Make a comment about something you have in common
You can start a conversation by saying something about your day. It's better to comment on something she finds relevant, such as something you both experienced.
For example, if you're in school together, you can say something about the lessons like, "I don't know about you, but I thought that math lesson would never end!"
Part 3 of 4: Having interesting conversations
Step 1. Try to appear natural and confident
In general, it's easy to impress someone by not trying too hard. Just be yourself – she'll probably notice anyway if you're pretending to be someone you're not. While it's normal to be nervous, try to have some fun talking to her.
Step 2. Compliment her
If you really want to impress her, give her a compliment that shows you're paying attention to her. Instead of using a stereotypical phrase, try to say something specific that shows that you noticed something unique about her.
For example, if you saw her earlier that day, you could say, "I really liked how your hair looked today," or "You made such a great point in history - you're without a doubt the smartest person." that I know!'
Step 3. Ask questions instead of talking about yourself
After all, who likes to talk to people who are constantly talking about themselves? Impress her by making it clear that you want to get to know her better. It's okay to talk about yourself, especially if it relates to something she's told you, but try not to dominate the conversation.
- You can ask her about her hobbies, her favorite places, if she has siblings, what songs and bands she can't live without.
- Try responding to her answer instead of asking one question after another as if you were questioning her. For example, if she said she loves the beach, you could say 'Me too, but only by the sea. One more won't do it for me!'.
Step 4. Take the conversation to the next level
Starting a deeper conversation will show you that you really want to understand what kind of person she is. After some light-hearted talk, or after some crafty conversations, you should try to find a topic that is close to her heart.
You can ask questions about her goals, passions and dreams such as 'What three things do you want to achieve in life?' Ask about the qualities she appreciates in a person, her favorite childhood memory, or what is most important to her in life
Step 5. Don't flood her with countless messages
Be patient and give her time to respond before sending another message. Moreover, most people prefer a long message than a lot of short messages with only a few words.
Also limit the memes. Sending a nice.gif" />
Part 4 of 4: Be kind and considerate
Step 1. Ask if it's a good time to talk when you message
Make it clear that you care about her time and that you don't want to bother her, although you do want to talk to her. Make sure she's not at work, with friends, or otherwise occupied.
Before you message, check her status to make sure she's not busy
Step 2. Show genuine interest in getting to know her
If you really like her and want to impress her, then you shouldn't pretend you enjoy talking to her. Sincerity is very important and it will be easier to have a good conversation if you really want to get to know her.
- Thoughtful questions, relevant responses to her answers, and specific compliments will help show that you're being genuine.
- For example, if she confides that she's stressed because she has so much to study, don't change the subject or bring up what's on your plate. Instead, say something like, "Well, that's not so nice. Should I let you continue working? Or can I help you study in some way?'.
Step 3. Let her cool down when she's had a rough day
If you ask her how she's doing and she replies, "Not great," ask why. Say you enjoy talking about something that bothers her.
She'll appreciate you letting her cool down and maybe you'll even impress her by giving her some great advice on her problem
Step 4. Avoid sending or asking for spicy photos
Also avoid video chatting. Even if you think you are giving her such a compliment, you will only leave her with a sense of disrespect and there is nothing less impressive than that. Be attentive, kind and genuine and you will stand out more than you think.