Tired of Twitter? If you don't want to be a celebrity on Twitter anymore, create a brand new account, or even never use the internet again and just network in the real world, here's how to delete your Twitter account forever.
Step 1. Log in to Twitter
Just type in your username or email address and your password and click "Login".
Step 2. Click on "Settings"
To do this, first click the gear icon to the right of the search bar at the top of the page. In the drop-down menu that appears you can find the option "Settings".
Please change your email address and/or your username before deleting your account. You can now create a new account immediately after deleting your old account, if you wish. You only need to do this if you want to immediately create a new Twitter account with the same email address or username
Step 3. Click on "Deactivate my account"
You can find this option at the bottom of the page.
Step 4. Confirm that you really want to delete your account
You have now deleted your Twitter account. However, be aware that Twitter will keep your account information for 30 days. So you only need to log in if you change your mind and want your account back before that period is up. If you don't, your account will be deleted forever.
- Remember, you don't need to delete your account if you just want to change your username or email address. You can do that with the "Account Settings" option.
- Your account will be deleted in a few minutes, but you may still be able to see some of your content on Twitter for several days.
- If you want to recover your account, you have 30 days after deletion to do so. You can recover your account by simply logging back in.
- You can also delete your account on a smartphone and do it over the internet instead of going through the settings.
- You don't need to delete your Twitter account to change your username. You can just change your name under "Settings" if you want.
- You can also deactivate your Twitter account by deleting it.
- It is not possible to use the same username, e-mail address and telephone number for another account. If you want to create a new Twitter account, please change the details in your current Twitter account before deactivating it.
- It may take longer for links to your Twitter account on other internet sites to be removed. Some links may be cached permanently, such as on Google. Twitter has no control over this. You will have to contact the sites themselves and ask them to remove the link.