This article will teach you how to record TikTok videos longer than 15 seconds on your iPhone or iPad. To get more video time, you need to record the video using your iPhone's Camera app and then upload it to TikTok.
Step 1. Use your iPhone or iPad camera to record the video
You don't even need to open the TikTok app just yet-just tap your camera icon on your home screen, swipe right to the "VIDEO" option, then hit the big red button to capture your video.
- Press the red square in the center at the bottom of the screen when you're done recording.
- Make sure the video is no longer than 5 minutes.
Step #2. Open TikTok
This is the black square with the white musical note inside. It's usually on your home screen.
Step #3. Press + in the center at the bottom of the screen
This will take you to the recording screen.
Step 4. Tap the photo icon to the right of the record button
A list of songs and videos stored on your iPhone or iPad will appear.
Step 5. Tap on the video you just recorded
Once uploaded, you will see a message telling you the length of the selected video.
Step 6. Drag the edges of the frame until they surround the part of the video you want
This is at the bottom of the screen. The right side of the edge marker is where the video will end.
Step 7. Press Next at the top right corner of the screen
Step 8. Edit the video and press Next
- To add music, press the circular icon at the top right of the screen and select a song, just like you would make a recording.
- You can change the start time of the sound by pressing the scissors icon and selecting the part of the music where you want the video to start.
- Change the volume of the soundtrack or video by moving the sliders at the top right.
- Tap the clock icon at the bottom left if you want to add special effects.
- To change the visual cover, press the square cover icon.
- Press the tricolor overlapping circles to add a color filter.
Step 9. Add a caption and/or tag friends
You can also adjust the privacy of the video by selecting an option from the 'Who can see my video?' menu.
Step 10. Press Post
Your long video has now been shared.