TikTok only rewards 'authenticated', 'popular' and 'influential' users with a verification badge. While TikTok's official verification criteria are currently being tinkered with, this article will show you how to build a loyal fan base, increasing your chances of becoming royalty. Do not confuse this procedure with 'verifying your phone number', which allows you to use additional TikTok features such as sending direct messages, adding people in the 'find friends' tab, and commenting on others' live streams/videos.
Step 1. Share high quality videos
A good smartphone's camera is usually enough to shoot quality videos, but you can really shine if you dare to upgrade to something even more professional. To go extra far, you can invest in a tripod, so that your videos are always recorded nicely and stably. An external microphone can also be useful to record your audio without noise.
- Regardless of the type of camera you use, your videos should always be vertical – don't force your fellow TikTok users to tilt their heads to watch your videos.
- Your video can be 'featured' if it is of very high quality and really stands out. You'll know you're featured on the TikTok homepage when you get a notification and when the word Featured (in this specific format) appears above the TikTok title.
Step 2. Research featured videos to see what's popular
Are your favorite sources of inspiration limited to certain subjects (eg comedy, a certain singer)? Do their videos always have a certain length? Do they use certain film techniques? What hashtags do they use? Try imitating how users advertise their own content with featured videos, then try applying these techniques to yourself.
Featured content is on the TikTok homepage. Tap the Home icon on the main screen to go here, then tap For You or Featured
Step 3. Try to entertain people
Users attract people by being funny and unique. Be cheerful and approach the music and your surroundings in new and intriguing ways. Give users a reason to return to your videos. Use your talents, artistic skills and cheerful personality to push your videos to the limit.
Step 4. Be consistent
Don't give your followers a reason to forget you exist. Keep uploading quality videos regularly so that your followers have something to look forward to.
Being consistent is also about brand awareness, so use the same username on other social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
Step 5. Use popular and relevant hashtags
Hashtags make it easy for people to find the videos they want to watch. Adding a popular hashtag to your video could potentially get you a lot of new viewers – your videos could even go viral!
Step 6. Befriend yourself with other users
Your number of fans is the most important factor in getting verified. Be social with others! Follow your favorite users and message them if you think you have something in common. And if you like something, tell the person in question. People love compliments, compliments get you followers and followers get you noticed by TikTok.
- 'Popular creator' is used by well-known users on the platform and 'verified account' is used by well-known users and organizations.
- Depending on where you live, you may see a different label instead of 'verified account' or 'popular creator'.
- Do not create fans using fan generators. Not only do these not work, but they may also steal your personal information and install bloatware and malware on your phone or computer.
- Remember that fame should not be your goal on TikTok. If that's your focus, then you won't enjoy making a video anymore.
- Most users will not get authentication. This is because of Sturgeon's law: '99% of everything is [junk]'.