In this article, you'll learn how to add filters and special effects to videos, and how to edit videos you've posted on Snapchat Stories.
Method 1 of 2: Add special effects
Step #1. Open Snapchat
The Snapchat icon consists of a yellow background with a white ghost on it.
Step 2. Press and hold the big circle on the screen to make a movie
Videos can be up to 10 seconds long on Snapchat.
Step 3. Remove your finger from the screen when the video is finished
Step 4. Swipe left or right to add special effects
- click on Enable filters to access the special effects.
- With the snail you can play your video in slow motion. Press the bunny to speed up your video.
- With the three arrows to the left you can play your video in reverse order.
- Some filters allow you to adjust the color or brightness of your video.
- Other filters add different effects. This way you can adjust the speed and duration of your video.
Step 5. Press one finger on the screen and swipe with another finger to combine multiple filters
Some filters, such as the snail and the rabbit, cannot be combined
Step 6. Tap the white arrow at the bottom right of the screen to send the video
Step 7. Select a recipient
Step 8. Press the white arrow again to send your video
Method 2 of 2: Editing your Snapchat story
Step #1. Swipe right to open Snapchat Stories
Once you've posted a story, you can no longer add special effects and filters.
Step 2. Tap the icon with three dots on it
You will find this icon at the top right of your screen. If you click on it, you will see the different snaps that make up your story.
Step #3. Select a snap from your story
Step 4. Tap the trash can icon to remove the snap
Step 5. Press Delete
This will remove the snap from your story.