This wikiHow teaches you how to create a 24-hour news feed from your photos and videos in Snapchat. When you add Snaps and videos to your Story, your friends can watch them unlimited for 24 hours.
Step 1. Open
Tap the Snapchat icon, which resembles a white ghost on a yellow background. Snapchat's main page will now open if you're logged in.
- If you are not logged in to Snapchat, tap LOGIN and enter your email address (or username) and password.
Step 2. Aim your camera
Point your smartphone's camera at what you want to add to your Story and tap the circular Camera button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you're not happy with your Snap, tap the X in the top left corner of the screen to delete it and take a new Snap.
- To add a video to your Story, press and hold the circular Camera button instead of tapping it. You can make a video up to one minute long.
Step #3. Edit your Snap, if needed
If you want to write, draw, or add effects to your Snap, do it now.
Step #4. Tap on the Story icon
This is a square icon with a +-draw on it in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Add if requested.
Step 5. Tap the Send icon
You'll find this in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Skip this step if you have an Android device
Step 6. Send a Snap to multiple people and to your Story
If you'd like to send your Snap to some of your Snapchat contacts and to your story, do the following:
- Take a Snap.
- Tap the Send arrow in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on My story at the top of the page and tap the names of all the people you want to send the Snap to.
- Tap the Send arrow.
- If you haven't sent Snaps to your Story yet, you can tap your profile icon and then tap My story Tap the center of the page to take a Snap that you can add directly to your story.