This article will teach you how to send Snapchats to users you are not friends with yet. They will be able to view your Snaps immediately if their privacy settings are set to Snapchats received from "everyone". Otherwise, your Snap will appear in your message list as "pending" until they add you as a friend.
Step #1. Open Snapchat
If you don't have the app yet, you can download it from the App Store or the Play Store.
Unless you are already logged in to your account, you will need to log in with your username and password. You can learn how to install and set up Snapchat here
Step 2. Take a Snap
Click the 'Capture' button to take a photo or press and hold the button to record a video. The button resembles a large white circle at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Click on the 'Send' button
This is an icon with a white arrow in a blue circle and can be found in the lower right corner of your screen. Clicking this will take you to the 'Send to' page.
Step #4. Click on the search bar
This is located at the top of the 'Send to' menu. Clicking this will bring up your keyboard for you to type.
Step 5. Type the username of the person you wish to add
Snapchat will create a list of usernames that match. This list will appear below the search bar as you type.
Step 6. Click on the '+' button next to the corresponding username
If a matching result is found, it will appear on your screen with a '+' button next to it. By clicking this button you will be able to add this user to your friends list on Snapchat.
Step 7. Click on the 'Send' button
A blue bar with a white arrow will appear along with your new friend's name at the bottom of the screen. By clicking on this you will send a Snap to your new friend.
- If you don't know the username, you can also add friends from your phone contacts, via a Snap code or you can check your immediate surroundings scan looking for other Snapchatters. To do this you need to click on the blue icon in the top right corner of the 'Send to' page and open the 'Add friends' menu.
- Your contact will be able to view your Snap if his or her privacy settings are set to receive Snaps from “everyone”. Otherwise, the snap will be included in the "Outstanding" list until he or she adds you.
- Take a screenshot of your own Snapcode and add yourself as a friend for a joke between you and Snapchat.
- You can view and change your own privacy settings in 'Settings > Contact me'. Similar privacy settings for your story can be adjusted in Settings > View My Story.
- You can view a list of Snapchatters who have recently added you as a friend. Swipe down on your Snapchat camera screen and click "Added me."