This wikiHow teaches you how to remove a contact from your Snapchat friends list and how to block a contact. Removing a Snapchat friend prevents them from seeing your private "snaps", while blocking them prevents them from seeing any of your content.
Step 1. Open
Tap the Snapchat app icon, which looks like a white ghost on a yellow background. This will open the Snapchat camera view if you are logged in.
- If you are not logged in, tap login and enter your email address and password.
Step 2. Open the 'Chat' page
Tap the speech bubble-shaped icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, or swipe the screen from left to right.
Step #3. Tap on the 'New Chat Conversation' icon
It's a speech bubble-shaped icon in the top right corner of the screen. After that, a list of your Snapchat friends will appear.
Step 4. Find the contact you want to delete
Scroll down until you find the person you want to remove from your Snapchat friends list.
You can also type the person's name in the 'To' text box at the top of the screen to find them
Step 5. Press and hold the person's name
After about a second, a pop-up menu will appear.
Step 6. Tap on Settings
It's at the bottom of the pop-up menu. A new menu will open.
Step 7. Tap on Remove Friend
This option is at the bottom of the menu.
Step 8. Tap on Uninstall when prompted
This will confirm your decision and remove the selected person from your Snapchat friends list.
- On an Android device, tap Yes when requested.
Step 9. Block a contact, if necessary
While deleting a contact is enough to prevent them from contacting you or seeing your messages on Snapchat, they can still see that you have an account. To hide your entire Snapchat presence from the contact, do the following:
- Find the name of the contact you want to block.
- Press and hold the contact's name until a menu appears.
- Tap on To block in the menu.
- Tap on To block (iPhone) or Yes (Android) when prompted.
- When you block someone, it looks like you just deleted your account.
- You can view a list of blocked contacts by tapping your profile picture, tapping the gear in the top right corner of the screen, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, and tapping Blocked to tap.