Instagram Stories are only visible for 24 hours, so you can add a date so you know when the story was last used. This article will show you how to put the full date on an Instagram story.
Step #1. Open Instagram
The icon of this app is a camera inside a square with colors going from yellow to purple. This app is on your home screen, among your other apps, or you can search for it.
Log in when prompted
Step #2. Swipe from left to right to open your Story Camera
You can also tap the camera icon in the top left corner of the screen.
Step 3. Press the round button to take a new photo for your Story
You can also press and hold the button to record a video, select an image or video from your gallery, or create a video with special effects such as the options Boomerang or Rewind at the bottom of the camera screen.
- You can press the two arrows icon to switch the active camera from forward mode to backward mode.
- You can also add effects to your photos and videos by tapping the face icon.
Step 4. Tap the Aa icon
This icon is in the top right corner of the screen.
Your keyboard will appear from the bottom and now you can write the date on your Story
Step 5. Type the date
You can write the entire month so that the date reads "November 19, 2020," or you can keep it short and type "19/11/20."
- After typing, you can change the font size by sliding the slider on the left side of the screen up and down. You can change the font color by tapping a color at the top of the keyboard. You can also change the font style by pressing 'Classic', 'Modern', 'Neon', 'Typewriter' and 'Strong'.
- When you're done editing your font, tap in the top right corner of the screen Finished.
Step 6. Press Send To
It's in the lower right corner of the screen.
Step 7. Tap Share next to 'Your Story'
This will share your Story on your Instagram Story for 24 hours.
- You can add the current time by pressing the current time sticker, which resembles a board with the current time. Once you press to add this sticker to your Story, you can press the sticker to switch to alternate clock views.
- You can also press the sticker showing the day of the week if you prefer not to display the date numerically.
- If you record a post for your Story with the current time sticker and end up sharing this post later, the current time sticker will be changed to a date sticker.