In this article you can read how you too can get your first 1000 followers on Instagram. While it's not exactly scientifically established how to grow your following for free, there are a few things you can do to make your profile more attractive to other users.
Method 1 of 3: Improving your profile
Step 1. Choose a theme for your profile
A theme does two very important things: it organizes the content of your profile and provides a focus so that people always know what to expect when they start viewing your profile. People can also see what kind of person you are.
Topics can also help you streamline your content creation, as it's usually better to narrow down your content a bit rather than just posting anything
Step 2. Add a relevant, informative bio
In your bio you should mention your theme, your website (if you have one), and something interesting about yourself or about the way your page was created.
- Everyone has something that makes the reason why or the way they do something interesting - find out what makes you unique and mention it here!
- You can also add hashtags to your bio, if you have a specific hashtag related to the content of your profile.
Step 3. Choose a catchy profile picture
If you have something that captures the essence of your subject, your content, and your personality, use that. If not, pick something that's at least close - the idea is that by looking at your profile picture and bio, people know more or less what to expect.
Step 4. Link your Instagram to other social media
You can link Instagram to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social media so you can post your information on Instagram everywhere you go. That way you can ensure that more people who already follow you on those other platforms will also follow you on Instagram. This way you can ensure that you stand out more.
Step 5. Never make your Instagram posts private
One downside to trying to get more followers on Instagram is that you can't shield your account from people you don't know because doing so will exclude a lot of potential future followers. Therefore, keep your account public and make sure it is easy to follow, so that people will automatically see your publications and new followers can flow in automatically.
Method 2 of 3: Contact other users
Step 1. Follow people with whom you have common interests
It's not a problem to follow as many people as possible to ensure that you are followed by as many people as possible, but try to mainly follow accounts with things that you think might inspire you (and vice versa). The owners of such accounts are also more likely to follow you back, so you'll be using your time much more efficiently than if you were just randomly following as many people as possible.
Step 2. Like the photos of others
For every 100 likes you give, you will get an average of 8 in return, if you like photos on regular, average accounts, and not photos of celebrities.
Although the chance is not great that you will only get 1000 followers that way, it is usually a good start
Step 3. Comment on photos meaningfully
There is no doubt that if you comment on the photos that people post on Instagram, you will automatically get more followers. Unfortunately, it also means that many people add one or two word comments to photos in the hopes that they will be followed. If you put a well-thought-out comment with a photo, there is a much greater chance that the creator of the photo will follow you back.
For example, on a photo of a homemade home office, you could write something like, "Wow, what a great job you've done with your office! I'd love to see a tutorial on this!" Instead of just: "Beautiful" or "Looks good"
Step 4. Send messages to users who don't have that many followers
Sometimes it's best to send a nice message to someone you think has a nice page; that way, not only will you most likely make their day, it will also encourage that person to follow you, especially if you're already following them.
- Keep in mind that sending someone a message can be seen as an invasion of their privacy. Always be polite and respectful when you message other users.
- Never ask someone who is messaging you to follow you directly.
Step 5. Post consistently
As those who follow you will discover, you may only be posting once a week-and there's nothing wrong with that! However, if you're known for posting once a week, try to stick to that model (or sometimes even post a little more often). If you no longer stick to your chosen publishing schedule, whether intentionally or not, you will lose followers.
- This isn't so much a method of gaining new followers, but more of a way of retaining the followers you already have.
- Try not to post more than a few times a day.
Step 6. Post at the right time
Mornings (between 7 and 9), early afternoon (between 11 and 2), and mid-evening (between 5 and 7) are all rush hour on Instagram, so try to post during those times.
- Of course, the above times only apply to the time zone in which you and your followers live.
- Don't worry if you don't manage to post at exactly those times-several studies have shown that posting at those times helps, but is by no means decisive.
Method 3 of 3: Tagging your photos
Step 1. Add hashtags to all your photos
A common way to tag is to give a description, then leave a few lines blank below the description (commas or periods are often used to mark the space), and then add as many relevant hashtags as possible.
Step 2. Experiment with popular tags
Posts like https://top-hashtags.com/instagram/ list the top 100 hashtags of the day, so try adding a few of those hashtags to your photos' captions.
- Keep in mind that certain tags are so popular that using those hashtags will actually make your post harder to find.
- Don't just use popular tags.
Step 3. Create your own hashtag
If you want, you can create your own hashtag, or pick one that isn't used as much and make it your own. Try to use that tag in as many posts as possible as a kind of signature of your profile.
Step 4. Geotag your photos
Geotagging your photos means mentioning the place where the photo was taken in your publication so that people nearby can find your photos more easily.
Step 5. Don't use tags that have nothing to do with your post
Do not use tags that do not belong to the photo in the description, as this is often seen as spam.
- The more proactive you are on Instagram, the faster you will see your number of followers grow.
- The road to 1000 followers is a gradual one. Be patient, keep in mind the strategies mentioned in this article, and you will get there.
- Post as often as you can, but don't spam. (So don't post every hour or every minute, as people may find that annoying and may no longer want to follow you.)
- Like the publications of others, especially those of those with few followers.
- Be careful not to bully or harass anyone on Instagram or other social media. People will soon see what your true nature is and will no longer want to follow you or talk to you.
- Do not share photos of other people without their permission.
- Never publish a lot of photos at once and never post the same photo twice.