Using Instagram can be quite confusing at times, especially if you're new to the app. Tracking people is an important part of the site and this can be tricky if you've just created an account. Fortunately, this wikiHow teaches you how to follow friends, celebrities, and organizations on Instagram.
Step 1. Open the Instagram app by tapping the icon on your phone
The icon looks like a camera and below it should read 'Instagram'.
Select your Instagram account and log in when prompted
Step #2. Open the tab to search by tapping the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen
Step 3. In the search bar at the top of the screen, tap the name of the person or organization you want to follow
Step #4. Tap the name of the user you want to follow
- If you don't see the user you're looking for in the search results, ask them what their username is.
- If you want to follow a celebrity or organization but can't find the account, search Google for the username of the Instagram account.
Step 5. Tap on the 'Follow' button at the top of the screen
Step 6. Follow your Facebook friends and people from your contact list on Instagram
- Go to your profile by tapping the button that looks like a person in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the top right corner of the page, tap ⋮ to open more options.
- Tap "Facebook Friends" under the "Follow People" heading to follow Facebook friends and tap "Contacts" to follow people from your phone's contact list.
- If you want other Instagram users to submit a follow request before they can follow you and see your photos and videos, tap the profile tab, tap in the top right corner ⋮, scroll down and tap the button next to Private Account.