Do you have a friend on Facebook that you see playing Farmville all day long? Or do you read what someone is eating every day? Or have you broken up and don't want to see your ex on Facebook anymore? Follow these steps to unfriend people: they'll never find out. We'll also tell you how to block only certain posts if you find unfriending too drastic.
Method 1 of 2: Remove a friend from Facebook
Step 1. Sign in to Facebook
Step 2. Go to your profile page and click on Friends
Step 3. Find the friend you want to remove
If you have many friends you can search with the search box.
Step 4. Mouse over Friends and click Remove as Friend
This person will now disappear from your friends list and you will disappear from his or her friends list.
Step 5. Done
Method 2 of 2: Block posts on your timeline
Step 1. Search for a friend's latest post on facebook
Move the cursor over his or her name.
- Move the cursor over Friends.
- Uncheck 'Show in News Feed'.
Step 2. Hide posts from annoying Facebook games
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right of the post.
- Click Hide to stop seeing posts from now on.
- If you have blocked someone's posts and you want to unblock them again, go to your news feed and click on the pencil. In the menu that now appears, press the "X" next to the name of the person whose posts you want to unblock.
- Your unfriended friends will not be notified of the unfriending, so you can remove as many friends as you want. But you'll still see their comments on comments from shared friends. This also applies the other way around.
- If you want to "refriend" someone, you have to send a request to that person again.
- For Firefox there is an extension called "Unfriend Finder", if someone has installed this they will indeed get a notification of the unfriend.