Do you want to change your date of birth on Facebook? Whether you're doing it because you made a mistake or you don't want everyone to know how old you are, the following tips will get you done in under a minute.
Step 1. Sign in to Facebook
Enter your email address and password to sign up.
Step 2. Click on your profile
You can do this by clicking your name at the top right of the page. You can also find your name in the top left corner. This will take you to your profile page.
Step 3. On the timeline page next to your profile picture, click "Info"
Step 4. Go to "Contact and General Information" on the left side of the pageClick on "Edit".
Step 5. Change your date of birth
You can click on the arrows to select the correct day, month and year. Keep in mind that if you just changed your date of birth, you won't be able to do so for a few days now; Facebook does this on purpose so that users retain their real identities.
Step 6. Choose the correct setting
Choose one of the following three options:
- "View my full birthday on my timeline". This is the most common option for younger people.
- "Show only month and day on my timeline". This is a handy option if you don't want everyone to know exactly how old you are.
- "Don't show my birthday on my timeline". This is a handy option if you get tired of those hundreds of congratulations from people you barely know on your birthday. It's also a good way to check who your real friends are -- how many people remember your birthday if they didn't see it on Facebook?
Step 7. Click on "Save"This confirms the changes, now you have successfully changed your birthday!
- If you get to know someone through Facebook, it may well be that his or her age is wrong.
- Don't go on Facebook if you're too young. Remember you must be at least 13 years old to create a Facebook account. Don't pretend you're 13 when you're not.
- Be careful. Facebook is great fun for keeping in touch with old friends and seeing what your new friends are up to, but always watch out for new Facebook friends.
- Your birthday must show that you are 13 years or older.
- You may not be able to change your date of birth to an age under 18 if your account is set to 18 and older.