This wikiHow teaches you how to view the set notifications, news, and alerts on your iPhone.
Part 1 of 2: Opening the message center
Step 1. Activate the screen of your iPhone
How you do this depends on your model. With older models, you press the home button, while with newer models you simply tap the screen.
- Notification can also be seen when your screen is locked. You will then only see the messages of which you have set a preview.
Step #2. Unlock your phone
Enter your passcode or use your finger for the Touch ID.
Step #3. Swipe down from the top of your screen
Start at the top corner of your screen and swipe down. This will open it Message Center.
Step 4. View the messages from the past week
The list Recent contains messages from apps that you have allowed to send you messages. These messages include news items, social media messages or notifications from apps with which you send messages yourself.
- Sometimes you have to scroll down to see all your posts.
- Swipe left on a message and tap Erase to remove it from the list Recent.
Step 5. Swipe right on the Recent screen
Now you come to it Today screen. Here you can see all the relevant messages from today, such as calendar activities, reminders and important news items from today.
- Swipe left to return to Recent.
- Press the home button to Message Center to close.
Part 2 of 2: Adding apps to your notification center
Step 1. Open your iPhone's settings
This is a gray icon with a gear (⚙️).
Step #2. Tap Notifications
You'll find this somewhere at the top, next to a red icon with the outline of a white square. If you click on this you will see a list of all apps that can send messages. The list is sorted alphabetically.
Step #3. Tap on an app
Select an app from which you want to receive messages.
Step 4. Slide the 'Allow Notification' button to the 'On' position
You will see this button at the top of the screen. It turns green when you turn it on. With this you give the app permission to send you messages.
Step 5. Slide the button next to Notification Center to the 'On' position
This will bring messages from the app into the Message Center to stand.
- Activate Sounds to hear a beep when a message arrives.
- Activate Badges when you want to see a red circle in the top right of your screen with the number of missed messages from the app.
- Activate Access screen to see messages when your phone is locked.
Step 6. Select a notification style
Choose how you see a notification when your device is unlocked.
- Tap No to not see notifications.
- Tap Strips for notifications that you see briefly at the top of your screen and that disappear automatically afterwards.
- Tap notifications for notifications that you have to remove yourself.
- Now you get messages from the app through the Message Center.
- You can tweet or post a Facebook message directly from Notification Center once you have linked your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your iPhone.
- You'll see the Message Center standing on the Lock screen. In an app itself you can use both portrait and landscape orientation.
- Some apps have additional settings, such as the number of messages they show.