Method 1 of 2: Using a web browser
Step 1. Go to the website containing the.gif" />
If you don't have a specific.gif" />
Step #2. Tap and hold the GIF
A pop-up menu will appear.
If you're viewing a website with smaller samples of GIFs, tap the.gif" />
Step 3. Tap Save Image or Download image.
The name of this option varies by browser. Tapping it will download the.gif" />
Allow your web browser to download the file when prompted
Step 4. Find the.gif" />
Open the app Gallery from your Android (usually on the home screen or in the app drawer), then tap the most recent photo.
- If you can't find the.gif" />Downloads app (usually a blue and white arrow icon) in the app drawer, then tap the.gif" />
Method 2 of 2: Using GIPHY
Step 1. Install GIPHY from the Play Store
GIPHY is a free app with a huge library of free GIFs for you to download. This is how you get the app:
- Open the Play Store
- Tap the search bar and type giphy.
- Tap on GIPHY –Animated GIF/Search Engine.
- Tap on INSTALL.
- When the download is complete, a new icon will be added to the app drawer (and possibly the home screen).
Step 2. Open GIPHY
It is the black icon with a multicolored sheet of paper that has a turned down corner. You should find it in the app drawer.
Step #3. Look for a GIF
Tap the search bar at the top of the screen, type one or two keywords, and tap the magnifying glass. A list of results appears.
Step #4. Tap the.gif" />
This opens a larger version.
Step 5. Tap and hold the GIF
After a few seconds, a popup will appear asking if you want to save the GIF.
Step 6. Tap YES
This will save the.gif" />
- To find the.gif" />Gallery from your Android, tap the folder GIPHY and then tap the GIF.