If you are going to use an Android device, many of your daily activities depend on it. You can chat with your Android device, get notifications about your email, take notes and do many more things. But when you work on your PC, it is sometimes difficult to consult your Android every time it beeps or when you need the files on it. That's why technology has made it easier for you to access your Android device from your PC.
Method 1 of 3: Using the USB cable
Step 1. Connect your Android to your PC
Use the USB cable that came with your Android device. Insert the smallest part into the socket on the bottom of the Android device.
- Plug the larger part into a free USB port on your computer.
- The USB icon and 'Connected as media device' will appear in the notification bar of your Android device. By default, your Android device will be connected in 'Media Device Mode' (MTP), allowing you to transfer media files to your computer and access the files on your phone from your PC.
Step 2. Access your Android
Your phone is now in USB mass storage mode, so it works like a USB drive to your computer. Access it through a file explorer and under "Devices with removable storage," double-click the device's name.
Step 3. Navigate to your files
Once you're in the Android's memory storage, you can navigate to any file or folder by double-clicking it.
You can also cut, copy, move and paste new files in your phone's storage
Method 2 of 3: Using AirDroid
Step 1. Make sure you are logged in to AirDroid
Find the app icon on your home screen or app drawer and tap it.
- If you are already logged in, you will automatically go to your account; otherwise, enter your AirDroid credentials in the appropriate fields and tap Sign In.
- On your Android device, don't exit AirDroid, just press the 'Home' button to exit the app without exiting.
- If you don't already have AirDroid, you can download it from Google Play.
Step 2. On your PC, go to AirDroid
Using a web browser on your PC, go to AirDroid's website. The home page displays a login screen.
Step 3. Log in
Enter your registered email address and password in the appropriate fields and click 'Login'.
Once you're signed in, you'll see all your AirDroid connected Android devices
Step 4. Access your Android from your PC
You do this by clicking on the Android device you want to connect to. You will receive a notification on your Android device as soon as AirDroid is connected to it.
- You can now text, make calls, receive app notifications, uninstall app, delete phone calls and messages, and upload music or photos from your PC to your Android device.
- You can also access your Android via AirDroid if it is miles away. The limitation of 'same network' no longer applies.
Method 3 of 3: Using Mobizen
Step 1. Launch Mobizen
Find the app on your home screen or app drawer. It's a pink circle with a blue 'M' on it. Tap to open.
With Mobizen you can easily control your Android phone from your PC
Step 2. Log in to Mobizen on the Android device
Enter your Mobizen ID and password in the appropriate fields and tap 'Login' to access the app.
Step 3. Install Mobizen on your PC
You can find the installation program for Mobizen PC on the website. Click on 'Download Mobizen PC' in the middle of the screen and launch the installer once the download is complete.
Step 4. Connect your PC to your Android
Double click on the Mobizen icon on your desktop and log in with your Mobizen account. Mobizen then detects the best connection method (USB, WiFi or 3G) by default. If the PC is connected to WiFi, this gives Mobizen access to the Android device.
For large file transfers, a USB connection between PC and Android can be used. Mobizen can even work with your phone's data network
Step 5. Access your Android device from your PC
After establishing the network connection, you can now remotely access your Android device. With Mobizen you can manage your device and answer messages or calls. You can also transfer files.