This wikiHow teaches you how to change your Roblox username using a computer, phone, or tablet. As long as you have 1000 Robux and a verified email address, you can change your username anywhere you log into Roblox.
Step 1. Log in to Roblox
On a computer, go to https://www.roblox.com, enter your username and password, then tap login. On your phone or tablet, open the Roblox app (the icon of a black-and-silver diamond) from your home screen or in the app drawer.
Step 2. Click on the gear
It's in the top right corner of the page. A menu will then open.
If you open the Roblox app on an Android device, iPhone, or iPad, you may need to click the three-dot icon instead
Step 3. Click Settings in the menu
This will take you to the account information section of your settings.
Step 4. Click the 'Edit' icon next to your username
Your username is at the top of the page, and the "Edit" icon is to the right of it. It looks like a square with a pencil in it.
- You need 1000 Robux to be able to change your username. If you don't have enough Robux, you will see a popup that says 'Insufficient Funds'. click on Buy (Buy) if you want to buy Robux and then follow the instructions on the screen to pay.
- If you haven't already associated an email address with Roblox, you'll see a pop-up message telling you to do so now. click on Add email if you see it, then follow the on-screen instructions to add your email address.
Step 5. Type your new username and confirm your password
If you have enough Robux in your account, you can now enter your new username and confirm your password.
- Other players can still see your old username.
- Don't pick a name you'll regret. It is expensive!
Step 6. Click Buy for 1000 Robux to confirm your new username
As soon as you have paid for your new username with Robux, you can log in with it. Use the password you have used so far to log in.
- Your account creation date, as well as the number of forum posts, will transfer to your new username, but old forum posts will remain under your old username.
- You cannot change usernames to a username that is already taken, just like creating a username for an account.