This wikiHow teaches you how to permanently delete your Spotify account. Spotify's mobile app doesn't allow you to delete your account, so you'll need to use a computer to do this. If you have a Premium subscription, you will have to cancel before you can close your Spotify account.
Part 1 of 2: Canceling a Premium subscription
Step 1. Open Spotify's website
Go to https://www.spotify.com/nl/ using your computer's browser. Your personal Spotify dashboard will now open if you are logged in.
- If you don't have a Premium subscription with Spotify, go to the next method.
- If your browser did not remember your login details, click on login in the top right corner of the page, enter your Spotify account email address and password and click LOGIN.
- You cannot cancel your Premium subscription using the Spotify mobile app.
Step 2. Click on Profile
This option is in the top right corner of the page. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear.
Step 3. Click on Account
This is in the drop-down menu. Clicking on it will bring up your account page.
Step 4. Click CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION
This black button is below the "Spotify Premium" heading on the right side of the page.
- If you don't see this option, click the tab Account overview in the top left corner of the page to make sure you have the right page in front of you.
Step 5. Click CHANGE OR CANCEL
This green button is in the middle of the page.
Step 6. Click CANCEL PREMIUM
It's a green button on the right side of the page under the "Change Subscription" heading.
Step 7. Click YES, CANCEL
This button is located at the top of the page. Clicking on it cancels your Premium subscription. Once you have completed this step, you can proceed with closing your Spotify account.
Part 2 of 2: Deleting your Spotify account
Step 1. Open Spotify's customer service page
Go to https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/ using your computer's browser. If you are logged in to Spotify, you will now see a page with a contact form that you can use to contact Spotify.
- If you are not logged in, enter your email address (or username) and password and click LOGIN before continuing.
Step 2. Click on Account
It's under the "Choose a category" heading at the top of the page.
Step 3. Click I want to close my Spotify account permanently
This option is in the middle of the page.
Step 4. Click CLOSE ACCOUNT
This black button is in the bottom left corner of the page.
Step 5. Click CLOSE ACCOUNT
It's a blue button in the bottom right corner of the page.
Step 6. View your account information
Before proceeding, check the account name in the middle of the page to make sure it belongs to the account you want to remove.
Step 7. Scroll down and click CONTINUE
It's in the bottom right corner of the page.
Step 8. Check the box for 'I understand and still want to close my account'
This box is near the bottom of the page and you may have to scroll down to see it.
Step 9. Click CONTINUE
It's in the bottom right corner of the page. By clicking on it you confirm your choice and Spotify will send an email to the email address associated with your account.
Step 10. Open the email from Spotify
Go to the email address you used to sign up to Spotify, then click on the email from Spotify with the subject Confirm you want to close your Spotify account.
If you used Facebook to sign in to Spotify, sign in to the email account you used to create a Facebook account
Step 11. Click CLOSE MY ACCOUNT
It's a green button in the middle of the email. This will complete the deletion process and mark your account for deletion.
- You can reactivate your Spotify account within 7 days of deleting it by opening the email from Spotify with subject This is our last message and clicking the button REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT in the middle of the email.
- When you have deleted your Spotify account, you can delete the Spotify app from your phone, tablet and computer.