If you never use your Amazon account and don't plan on ordering stuff from the site again, you might want to consider deleting your account. Whatever reason you have, make sure you follow Amazon's removal regulations. That way you can permanently remove all parts of and connections with Amazon. And it's not complicated at all.
Part 1 of 2: Preparing your account for closure
Step 1. Log in to Amazon with the details of the account you want to delete
To do this, visit Amazon's home page at
- Click on 'Sign in' at the top right of the page and enter your email address and password.
- Click on the yellow 'Login' button to log in to your account.
Step 2. Start fulfilling all pending orders and transactions
Amazon's official terms require you to delete existing listings and orders and complete all transactions with your buyers. If you need more time to do this, you will have to postpone deleting your account for a while.
- Move your mouse to the words 'Your account' at the top right of the page. You should now see several options in a drop-down menu.
- Click on 'Your orders' to view pending orders and refunds.
Step 3. Cancel your pending orders
To do this, click the box next to each order to select it. Then click on 'Delete all items' to confirm your cancellation.
- You can view refunds by clicking 'View order information'. This can be found next to the 'Your orders' link at the top of the page.
- After clicking 'Delete all items', you may see a warning stating that one of the orders has already been shipped and you cannot cancel it. In this case, you will have to wait for the order process to complete before you can close your Amazon account.
- If you've canceled or processed all orders and pending refunds, your Amazon account is ready to be deleted.
Part 2 of 2: Closing your account
Step 1. Click on 'Help' at the top left of the page to get in touch with customer service
Step 2. Click on the 'Contact' button at the top right of the page
You will find these by hovering your mouse over the 'need more help?' button and then clicking on the 'contact' button.
Step 3. Select the 'Other problem' tab on the contact page
Step 4. Scroll to the second part of the contact form:
"Tell us more about this problem."
Step 5. Select 'Account Questions' from the drop-down menu
Step 6. Now select 'Close my account' from the drop-down menu next to 'Problem explanation'
Step 7. Select your preferred contact method at the question 'How would you like to contact us?
' Here you can choose between email, telephone or live chat.
Step 8. Follow the instructions that now appear to contact Amazon directly
What these instructions will be will vary by contact method.
- To contact us by email, click the left "Email" button and enter the reason why you want to close your Amazon account. If you don't have anything else to add, you can simply say 'Nothing' here. fill. Then click on 'Send email' to send your request to customer service.
- To contact us by phone, click the 'Call us' button. Amazon customer service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- To get in touch via live chat, click the 'Chat' button on the right. A popup screen for Amazon live chat will appear on your screen. Please inform the customer service team of your decision and reason for closing your Amazon account.
Step 9. Wait until you receive a message from Amazon stating that your account has been closed
This message will state when your account has been officially deleted.
- At the moment it is only possible to delete your account by contacting Amazon directly. You cannot delete your account yourself via your Account settings.
- Once your Amazon account has been deleted, it will no longer be accessible to you or to other parties associated with Amazon. If you want to buy or sell something on Amazon again in the future, you will have to create a new account.
- After you delete your existing Amazon account, you can later use the same email address and password to open a new account.
- Before deleting your Amazon account, check that the bank details you provided are still correct. Any refunds will be made to the account number known to Amazon.
- If you want to close your business account to create an account as a private seller, you don't need to close your account. You can switch your sales plan from 'professional' to 'individual' or from 'individual' to 'professional' at any time. In this way, your existing orders will remain unchanged and remain active.
- If you've ever published something on Kindle, make sure to download this content before deleting your account. Once you have done this, you will no longer be able to access your published work.