In this article, you'll learn how to connect a GoPro portable camera to your computer so you can download and edit the photos and movies you've captured.
Part 1 of 2: Connecting the Gopro to the computer
Step 1. Turn off the GoPro
Do that by pressing the Shutter button on the front or top of the camera until it turns off.
Step 2. Locate the USB port
There is a mini USB port on the side of the GoPro.
Step 3. Connect the GoPro to your computer
Use the USB cable that came with your GoPro. Plug the end with the USB mini-jack into your camera, and plug the USB jack into an empty USB port on your computer.
- Connect the camera to one of your computer's USB ports, rather than a USB hub or a port in your keyboard or monitor.
- You can also remove the microSD card from the GoPro and insert it into a card reader connected to your computer.
Part 2 of 2: How to access the content
Step 1. Turn on your GoPro
Do this by pressing the Shutter button until a red LED lights up. When the GoPro recognizes the connection, it should enter USB mode, causing a USB symbol to appear on the camera's screen, if it is equipped with a screen.
- If the camera does not enter USB mode automatically, press the Shutter button again.
- If you are using a HERO3+ or older, please turn off the WiFi on the camera before connecting it to your computer.
Step 2. Locate your photos and videos
On a Mac, a camera icon will appear on the desktop. Double-click this to access the photos and videos stored on your camera's microSD card.
- For Windows, go to My computer, and find your GoPro in the list of all available drives, then double-click it.