If you want powerful ammunition or just want to be a member of the medical team, the lightning arc is just what you need in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on the Der Eisendrache map. But it is not as simple as paying 5000 euros and collecting it, wrapped in a nice piece of paper, at the nearest store. You will have to go through a process, but once you know how to get the bow it is fairly easy. This wikiHow teaches you how to get the lightning arc.
Part 1 of 2: Getting the 'Wrath of the Ancients' bow
Step 1. Feed the three dragons you find on the map
Make sure the dragon eats the zombie before you kill the next zombie.
- One of the dragons is located in the lower courtyard, close to the missile area for the missile shield, just past the gate trap/'Double Tap'.
- The second dragon is in the building above the Undercroft (0G room), opposite the electric stairs.
- The last dragon is in the Undercroft (0G room), on the other side of the wall where PAP is.
Step 2. Get your bow
Once you've fed all three dragons, go into the Undercroft (0G room), then up the stairs, and you'll come to your arch.
Part 2 of 2: Upgrading to the Lightning Arc
Step 1. Shoot the dragon-shaped weather vane
The weather vane near the death ray machine. It protrudes from the conical roof near the death ray. Shoot the dragon symbol until it starts spinning. An arrow will come out of the wall.
Step 2. Grab the arrow
After the arrow comes out of the wall, take it. This action starts a new upgrade quest.
To complete the upgrade quest, you do not need to pick up any new items that have an upgrade quest attached to them
Step 3. Shoot three signal fires/wood stacks outside the map
These are the locations of the signal fires:
- The first is right next to the clock tower outside the map.
- The next one is east of the KRM wall sale.
- The latter is on the rocket path and looks like a pile of branches on top of a stone slab.
Step 4. Go to the 'Low-Gravity Room' (Undercroft)
This is the room with the pyramid plates and the blue wind icons on the wall.
Step 5. Run towards all the symbols on the wall
Wait for the antigravity cycle to begin, then run across the five full wind symbols on the wall. You must not touch the floor. If you hit the floor you have to start over. You'll know you're done when you hear a noise after running over the last wind panel.
If the pyramid is not turned on, the cycles of weak gravity will not occur. You enable the pyramid by standing on the four blue pyramid symbols in the Undercroft
Step 6. Fill the urns on the card
Kill zombies near the electric urns to fill them with souls. These are the locations of the urns:
- In the small room above Double Tap.
- In the lower courtyard, near the jump platform and workbench.
- The latter is located in the rocket platform, close to the teleportation machine.
Step 7. Shoot the signal firings again with the electrically charged arrows
You charge your arrows by standing near a full urn and then pulling your arrow back, like when you want to perform a power shot. Then shoot the signal fire with the electrically charged arrow. If you miss the target you have to recharge the arrow.
Step 8. Get the electric arrow where the weather vane is
Go back to where you got the arrow from. You will see sparks where you got the arrow. Hold down Square on the PS4, or X on the Xbox, to place your arrows in the sparks. They will rise to the dragon weather pennant. Wait for the arrows to come down again and get them.
Step 9. Bring the arrow to the Low-Gravity Room (Undercroft)
After you grab the arrow under the weather banner, take it back to the Undercroft. This is the room where you ran over the wall to get the five wind symbols.
Step 10. Place the arrow in the lightning box
There are four chests around the pyramid in the Undercroft. Find the chest with a lightning emblem. Press and hold Square (PS4) or X (Xbox) to load the arrow.
Step 11. Kill zombies
To fill the arrow with souls you have to kill zombies until the box no longer takes souls.
Step 12. Put the bow in the box
Grab your bow and walk to the box. Your bow will be taken from your inventory and reforged. Please wait for a while for this process to complete.
Step 13. Pick up the bow
Once the bow has been reforged, walk over to the box and press Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One) to take out the upgraded bow. Congratulations, you now own the lightning arc.
- You're done feeding a dragon when it vomits fire, turns back to stone, and breaks into pieces.
- Have your friend distract a zombie while you shoot the signal fires. If you are playing a solo game you have to create a crawler.
- All signal fires are on top of a stone slab/square.
- You're done filling urns when no more souls go in.
- You can only shoot one electric tornado at a time. So if you shoot a tornado at a Panzersoldat, you'll have to do it with basic shots afterward or use a different weapon.
- As you head out to pick up your electric arc, you'll need to wait for a tornado symbol to appear in the top left corner. Don't try to grab the bow before, because you could get trapped between the zombies and die.