You can create a Kahoot account for free and create a game. You can use this game to find out how everyone is doing at family gatherings, or to find out if your colleagues have been paying attention at work. This article will show you how to create a free Kahoot game in your web browser.
Step 1. Go to
You can use any browser, via your computer, tablet, or phone, to access the site.
If you are under the age of 16, you will need to create a minor account to protect your privacy, as normal accounts are likely to be removed by Kahoot as more information is collected from these accounts
Step 2. Log in
You can use your Google or Microsoft account to log in, but you can also create a separate Kahoot account.
If you don't have an account yet, you can create one via this page by clicking No account yet?
to click. You will need to select why you are using Kahoot in order to proceed with creating a free Kahoot account.
Step #3. Click Create
You'll see this button on the right side of the page next to the "Update Now" text.
- If you've just created an account, you may see a button in the middle of the page that says Create a Kahoot stands.
Step 4. Click to use a Kahoot template, or create your own from scratch
If you choose a template, you will be presented with a pre-made game that you can then customize yourself.
- If you choose to make your own game, you will start with an empty game.
- click on Institutions to change the title, description, photo, language, and save location of the Kahoot.
Step 5. Click on Add a question and add a question type
This will add a new tile to the Kahoot; a quiz, poll, true/false question, word cloud, or slide.
- If the tile has an orange-colored crown icon in the top right corner, you will have to pay for a subscription before you can use it.
- Type in the 'click to type your question' field to add question text. Then add possible answers in the fields below the photo and click to choose the correct answer. You can add a photo to the photo field by clicking Gallery, Upload image, or YouTube link to click.
- Click the number to the left of the question to determine how long people have to answer the question. This time is set to 20 seconds by default.
Step 6. Click Done
You will find this button at the top right of the page. Click this when you're done creating your Kahoot and want to go back to your home page.