In order to purchase games for PC from Steam, you must first download and install the Steam software. Via Steam you can buy online games for the PC, where you do not need a physical copy of the game. When you buy a game from Steam it is downloaded directly to your computer and installed automatically. Once you've mastered buying games for PC from Steam, you can uninstall or reinstall a game at any time through your account with Steam.
Step 1. Go to the main page of Steam and install the Steam software on your computer
If you follow the installation steps online it should be easy.
During the installation process you will need to create a user account with Steam. This account will be unique, and you should come up with a password that is both strong and easy to remember
Step 2. Launch the Steam software once the installation process is complete
The application should appear on your screen a moment later.
If the application does not open automatically, you should find the Steam icon on the taskbar. Right click on it and select 'Shop'
Step 3. Use the search function in the Steam store to find the games you would like to buy
If you don't have a particular game in mind to buy, you can use the advanced search capabilities to search for games by genre, price, developer, publisher, category, operating system, and Metascore.
You can get to the advanced search options by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar. Steam also makes lists of best-selling and discounted games
Step 4. You can view interesting games by left clicking on their icons or names
This will take you to the information page of the game in question, where you can watch videos and screenshots, see a summary of the game and its features, read customer reviews and view system requirements.
Step 5. You can add games to your shopping cart by clicking the 'Add to Cart' button
In the same box as this button is also the price of the game and whether the game is currently discounted. Clicking on the button will take you to your newly created shopping cart.
You will need to enter payment details for online payment if you have not done so before
Step 6. Go to your shopping cart when you are ready to buy the games you have chosen
Once you've added something to your cart, a green button with "shopping cart" on it will appear in the top right corner of your Steam application. The button will also show, in brackets, the number of items in the shopping cart.
Step 7. Choose whether to buy the game for yourself or send it to a friend or family member as a gift
If you would like to give the game as a gift, you can send a message to that person's email address, along with information on how they can access the gift. In addition, you can also give him the option to pick up the game directly via Steam
Step 8. Complete your order by viewing the 'View & Buy' screen and then click the 'Buy' button
- Steam often offers discounted games and special offers. If the price of a game you are interested in is a bit too high at the moment, you should check back at the game later. Then there is a chance that the game is discounted.
- There is Steam software available for both PC and Mac users.
- After you have downloaded or installed a game, you can play the game by clicking the 'View' drop-down menu and then selecting 'Games (List)'. This will bring you to a list of all available games that are ready to be played. You just need to double click on the game you want to play and then click on the 'Play' button.
- Once you have purchased a game, you can download it by clicking the "Library" drop-down menu and then selecting "Downloads". This will bring you to a list of all the games that you have purchased through Steam, including those that have yet to be downloaded. In this screen you can start, pause and resume downloads.
- If you don't like the game you can get your money back as long as you bought the game less than two weeks ago and played it for less than two hours.
- There are not only games for sale at Steam, but also for free.