Do you love Dialga and Palkia and want them on your team? Well, this article will help you with that! This wikiHow will show you how to catch Dialga and Palkia in Pokémon Platinum. This requires you to defeat the Elite Four.
Step 1. Talk to Cynthia's grandmother in Celestic Town
She will read you a book about Legendary Pokémon.
Step 2. Buy Ultra Balls
There's no Poké Mart in Celestic Town, so you'll have to buy your stuff at an elderly couple's house in the northwestern part of the village; the man has Dusk Balls and the woman has Ultra Balls.
Step 3. Find the Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb
They are in a room in Mt. Coronet hidden, near the top of the waterfall.
You can only reach space if you have HM Waterfall
Step #4. Go to Spear Pillar
After obtaining the Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb, you will be able to find the gorges of Dialga and Palkia at the top of the mountain.
Step 5. Save your game
If you accidentally beat Dialga, or get beat yourself, you'll like to have a saved game to restart.
Step 6. Go through the blue portal and catch Dialga
Once you go through the portal, your battle with Dialga will begin. So be ready.
- Dialga is at level 70 and is a Steel Dragon-type Pokémon, with the Roar of Time ability. This is an incredibly powerful move that will likely knock your Pokémon unconscious.
- Use Ultra Balls to quickly catch Dialga. You may need several Ultra Balls to successfully catch Dialga.
- Once you catch Dialga you will be transported out of the blue gorge and back into Spear Pillar. You will still be able to see the blue gorge, which is now empty.
Step 7. Save your game
After successfully catching Dialga you should save your game to avoid having to catch her again if you need to reload your game later.
Step 8. Exit the area and then re-enter it
You want Palkia's portal to appear. You make this happen by first exiting the area and then re-entering it. Once you re-enter Spear Pillar you will see a pink portal.
You can save the game again if you want, but you saved your game right after you captured Dialga. So when you reload your game, all you have to do is run Spear Pillar out and back in
Step 9. Go through the pink portal and catch Palkia
The battle with Palkia starts as soon as you go through the pink portal, so be ready.
- Palkia is at level 70 and is a Water Dragon-type Pokémon, with the Spacial Rend ability. This is an extremely powerful move that will likely knock your Pokémon unconscious.
- Use Ultra Balls to quickly catch Palkia. You may need several Ultra Balls to successfully capture Palkia.
- Once you catch Palkia you will be transported out of the pink gorge, back into Spear Pillar. You will still be able to see the pink canyon, which is now empty.
- Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls are highly recommended.
- Use Quick Balls to quickly grab the Pokémon, although this tactic may require you to reload the game a few times.
- If you have a Master Ball you can use it right away.
- Save the game before starting the battle, in case you accidentally make the Pokémon lose consciousness.