There are no easy money cheats in GTA V, but with the right strategy you can make more money than you can spend. While a few exploits have crept into it for an infinite amount of money, you'll need the unpatched version to take advantage of them. In addition, they are probably slower than making money from the game's built-in stock market anyway.
Part 1 of 2: Making a profit in the stock market with liquidations
Step 1. Understand the concept
All liquidation missions are accomplished by Franklin and given to him by Lester. Because your targets are companies or their competitors, stock prices rise and fall dramatically due to your liquidations. You can use this to your advantage.
Never complete the next mission in the series until all your stock shenanigans are ready
Step 2. Do the Hotel Assassination but avoid the rest for now
The Hotel Assassination is part of the story mode, so it usually needs to be completed before you have a lot of money to invest. Save the rest of the liquidation missions until you get more money from the story mode. While the profit you make won't make much of a difference in the long run, you can take this opportunity to practice the technique:
- Save the game (just to be safe) and then invest all your money in Beta Pharmaceuticals on BAWSAQ.
- Complete the mission and sell the Beta shares right after.
- Wait three days in the game and then buy Bilkington on LCN. (You can make time pass faster by sleeping in your house.)
- In any case, wait a week and then sell Bilkington.
Step 3. Complete the story mode
It takes money to make money in the stock market. Complete story mode to earn around $25 million per character, then follow the steps below to turn that meager amount into tons of cash.
Step 4. Do the Multi-Target Assassination
Now that you have a lot of money to spend, you can invest this money in ever-growing mountains of money. This doesn't go on forever, but in GTA V you don't get any closer than with this method. Here is the strategy for this next liquidation mission:
- Buy Debonaire shares on LCN.
- Complete the mission, sell Debonaire and buy Redwood on LCN.
- Wait two days in the game and then sell Redwood.
Step 5. Sell Fruit after the Bus Assassination
This mission is simple: buy shares of Fruit on the BAWSAQ exchange, liquidate the target and immediately sell shares of Fruit. You can earn some extra money if you invest in Facade afterwards, but this can take quite some time and require you to obsessively monitor the stock market while you wait for Facade's value to rise again. Sell Facade for a price approximately 30% higher than the price you initially paid for it.
Step 6. Complete the fourth liquidation and then invest in Vapid
The 'Bus Assassination' will not give you any profit until you complete it. Buy Vapid shares on BAWSAQ right after you're done, then wait 2 days before selling them again.
Step 7. Invest in GoldCoast to give your fortune one last push
Your fortune should now be in the billions. Invest it all in GoldCoast before completing the fifth and final liquidation. Sell all your shares immediately after to get a final profit of 80%.
Step 8. Continue to manipulate the stock market (optional)
You are done with the simple instructions at this point. Now that you've got a fortune to go with whatever you want, stock market trading can be a source of infinite wealth-or crushing disaster if you're careless. Always save before making a big investment, and follow these tricks:
- Buy a large amount of the same stock and then save immediately. Stay on the “purchase stock” page to keep the price updated. Sell all your shares if the price rises even slightly, save and repeat the procedure. Reload the game when the price drops.
- Get tips by radio in the game for stock sales, or by investing in Tinkle, and using Michael to pick up a passenger at Hitch Lift 1.
- Trade stock selling tips with other players on sites such as /r/GTAMArket and /r/GTAVstocks.
Part 2 of 2: Getting Infinite Money in Unpatched Versions
Step 1. Remove patches if you dare
These exploits of the game were discovered by the game developers and will no longer work once you have installed all the patches. You can remove the patches and regain access to the exploits, but "this sometimes erases your saved files in GTA V and other games." If you dare to take this risk, you can try the following methods:
- Xbox 360: Turn off the Internet connection. Turn the console off, then turn it back on while holding down A.
- Jailbroken PS3s, JTAG Xbox consoles and consoles that have never been connected to the internet should be able to use these exploits without deleting files.
- All other systems: you can't uninstall the patch without deleting the entire game (including your saved files), rebooting and then playing only when the internet connection is turned off.
Step 2. Switch between two characters and collect an infinite amount of money
Once you get back to the original version of the game, you can collect packs of money that keep reappearing. Place a character in one of the locations indicated below and take the money. Go from the first character to the second character and then back to the first, after which the money will have reappeared. You cannot save while performing this method as you will be transported back to the house. Here are three sunken treasures that work with this exploit:
- The package on the right side of the sunken plane in Paleto Bay.
- Two packages in the Pacific, one on top of a tall mast.
Step 3. Sell an infinite number of motorcycles
This is another exploit that only works on versions of the game that have no patches applied to them, and also requires two characters. Buy the bike Bati801, pause the game, go to Options and set your Spawn Location to "Last Location". Sell the Bati, pause immediately, then go to Options → Swap Characters. Select the same character you were just using and another Bati should appear that you can sell in the same way.