With the introduction of the new "Fairy" type in Pokémon X and Y, Eevee got a brand new evolutionary form: Sylveon. Sylveon is a Fairy evolution of Eevee with fairly high Special Defense stats. The way you evolve Eevee into Sylveon is different from the way you get to the other evolutionary forms of Eevee, relying on the new "Pokémon-Amie" feature in Pokémon X and Y. While this method is different from the others, you can Eevee evolve into Sylveon within ten to fifteen minutes. Go to Step 1 to get started!
Step 1. Catch an Eevee if you don't already have one
Since Sylveon is an evolved version of Eevee that cannot be captured in the game, you will first need an Eevee. If you've already caught one, you can move on to the next step. If not, you'll have to catch one first.
- In Pokémon X and Y, Eevee's can be caught on Route 10. Route 10 is located between Geosenge Town and Cyllage City.
- Eevee's can also be caught in the Friend Safari. The Friend Safari is an area where another player's 3DS friend code is used to generate an area where Pokémon of a certain type reside. Since Eevee is a 'Normal' type, you will need to use a friend code that generates a 'Normal' safari.
- You can also get Eevee by trading with another player.
Step 2. Teach your Eevee a "Fairy" type trick
The first requirement for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon is to know at least one "Fairy" attack. Unlike other Fairy-Pokémon, such as Clefable, you don't need moonstone to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
- Eevee learns two "Fairy"-type techniques by leveling up: "Baby-doll Eyes" at Level 9 and "Charm" at Level 29.
- Note that Eevee cannot learn "Fairy" moves from the Technical Machines (TMs).
Step 3. Get two "affection hearts" from Eevee in Pokémon-Amie
The second prerequisite for evolution to Sylveon is that your Eevee must have at least two Affection Hearts for you in Pokémon-Amie. Pokémon-Amie is a new feature in Pokémon X and Y that allows players to bond with their Pokémon. They can do this by petting the Pokémon, feeding them, playing mini-games with them, and letting them play with other Pokémon on your team.
Treat your Eevee in Pokémon-Amie until it has at least two affection hearts. You can do this both before and after learning the 'Fairy' technique
Step 4. Go up a level
Once Eevee has at least two Affection Hearts and has learned a Fairy-type technique, it's time to level up. You can do this by entering random battles, competing with other trainers, and so on. When your Eevee has leveled up, it should immediately evolve into Sylveon, provided you meet the above conditions. Congratulations!
Step 5. Avoid patches of moss or ice stone when leveling
While Eevee will instantly evolve into Sylveon in the vast majority of areas in the game if you meet the requirements, there are some important exceptions to keep in mind. If you don't, Eevee could evolve into an unwanted form! Two of Eevee's evolutionary forms, Leafeon and Glaceon, require you to level up near Moss Stone or Ice Stone, respectively. If Eevee evolves near any of these things, it will evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon - regardless of whether the above conditions for evolving into Sylveon are met. In Pokémon X and Y, the only games that Sylveon is in so far, the spots to avoid are:
- Route 20, which contains a moss stone.
- Frost Cavern, which contains an ice stone.