Nudism, also known as naturism, involves a lifestyle of nudity, both at home and in public, and is all about getting in touch with your body and respecting yourself as well as the other people in your community. Contrary to popular belief, it's more about freedom than sexuality, and it can be a very liberating and rewarding movement to be a part of. If you're interested in the nudist movement and want to know how to put your ideas into practice, see Step 1 to get started.
Part 1 of 4: Understanding nudism
Step 1. Know that nudism can help you get closer to nature
There is a reason why some nudists prefer to be called naturists. Nudism is all about returning to your natural state and being in harmony with nature. Being naked on a beach, in the woods, or in any other natural setting can help you experience nature on a whole new level. One of the most beautiful and liberating parts of nudism can be the feeling of waves or the sun on your naked body.
Step 2. Know that being naked does not mean being sexual
Of course, it's normal for many people to think that something inappropriate must happen when a bunch of people get together with no clothes on. But most people who follow the nudist movement don't think there's anything sexual about taking their clothes off. They just think it helps them to be free and return to their natural state, and that's all that matters to them.
- For nudists, there is no erotic thought associated with being naked. They get used to seeing a naked body, without having any sexual thoughts.
- Also, don't think that you have to have a perfect body or look super sexy to be a nudist. Nudists have bodies of all shapes and sizes.
- While it may take some persuasion to show your friends and relatives that being naked doesn't have to mean getting playful, this is the lifestyle many people choose.
- However, there are some sects in nudism that are more sexual in nature. Be sure to research the nudists in your particular community to see which lifestyle suits you best.
Step 3. Know that nudism can help you feel free
Being a nudist can help you return to your youthful self, to remember the person you were before you cared or had your clothes on and running around naked and happy. It's a very liberating feeling. Nudism can help you return to that pure and non-self-conscious version of yourself, and can help you feel happy and free in a friendly environment.
Think about how complicated our lives have become. Clothes to choose, jewelry, footwear, and so many other items that only make it harder to be our natural selves
Step 4. Know that most nudists are not naked all the time
You may have an idea about nudists being naked at the grocery store, movie theater, or showing up naked at family barbecues. But many nudists actually have regular jobs and are dressed during the time they are out in public, even if they always look for the chance to throw off their clothes in a safe environment.
Being a nudist doesn't mean throwing all your clothes out of the house. It means embracing the opportunity to be naked whenever you can
Part 2 of 4: Practicing nudism at home
Step 1. If you don't live alone, respect the boundaries of the people you live with
While you may want to romp around naked around your three siblings and parents, or in front of all your roommates and their guests, it's not considerate to practice nudism towards people who aren't comfortable with it. If you live with people who say you're okay with being naked, like accepting roommates, you can be naked any time you want. However, if people like your parents or siblings really don't care, you can be naked in the comfort of your own room or in other parts of the house knowing that no one will be home.
Have an honest and open conversation with the people you live with to gauge their reactions. Of course it's important for you to propagate what you believe, but you also don't want to violate the freedoms of others
Step 2. If you don't live alone, talk to the other people in your home about going with it
If you live with people who may also be interested in the movement, then you can also have an open conversation about inviting them to share your nudist lifestyle with you. If they don't know much about nudism they may be a little alarmed at first but they may feel better if you taught them about what the movement believes and put them on the right track about what nudism is really about.
If they don't want to share it with you, then there's no point in forcing it. Nudism is something that people should only do if they are really comfortable with it
Step 3. Keep yourself out of sight of your neighbors
Out of respect for your neighbors, you should try to keep the blinds or blinds closed when you practice nudism in your own home. Walking naked in your yard probably isn't possible either, unless you live on a remote farm or in another rural area. You may think this puts a damper on the fun of nudism, but this will help you to carry out your faith in a respectful way.
- You should also keep a bathrobe handy in case the doorbell rings unexpectedly. You don't want to give a delivery person or a neighbor the wrong impression.
- If you really want to be naked in your garden, it may be possible to put a fence around the garden to ensure that neighbors and other passers-by don't see you. Although this is probably only a viable option if you live on a street with bungalows. Setting trees or tall shrubs around your yard, next to a fence, may be an option if you live in a two-story single-family home.
Step 4. Do what you normally do - naked
Now the fun can begin! Once you know that you are alone or that someone else in the house has no problem with your nudism, and once you are out of sight of your neighbors, you can go about your daily life - naked. You can make breakfast, watch TV, study for exams, call friends, play with your cat, dance around, or just do whatever you normally do with no clothes on. That's the fun of nudism: doing what you normally do, while feeling liberated!
Of course, you still need to shower, wash your hands, and keep everything hygienic whether you're naked or not. It is important to stay clean and fresh, whether you have clothes on or not
Step 5. Sleep naked
One of the greatest pleasures of being a nudist is sleeping naked, feeling the cool sheets and mattress against your body as you sink in. Hey, many people who are not nudists like to sleep naked. If you're committed to nudism, now can really be your time to shine - especially if you're sleeping alone or have no roommates. Set your home to a comfortable temperature or open a window, depending on the season, and enjoy the feeling of freedom as you slide down.
If you do live with roommates and don't want to offend people when you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you can hang a robe on your door so you can quickly turn it on if you need to
Step 6. If you're attached to being naked at home, consider moving to a more nudist-friendly location
If you've tried being a nudist at home but feel too constrained by the other people in your home, the judgment of your neighbors or the general lack of freedom you feel, you may be better off moving to a more private area. move where there are fewer people to get hurt, or where you can live with people who share your ideas.
Of course, if you're too young to go on your own yet, you may have to wait until you feel responsible enough to go on your own or just move
Part 3 of 4: Living as a family as a nudist
Step 1. Be aware of the debate surrounding nudism as a family
You may want to practice nudism as a family because you want you, your partner and your children to feel free and comfortable around your own bodies. This is a very good motive, but before you start this journey you should be aware that there are some dissenters out there who think it can be unethical to raise your children as nudists - some even go so far to call it sexual abuse. Ultimately, you need to decide what's right for you and your family, making sure your kids don't do anything they're not comfortable with.
Step 2. Start by encouraging nudity
If you want your whole family to turn to nudism, especially if you have young children, you have to play your cards right. You can't just switch from wearing ten layers of clothes to suddenly asking everyone to undress. Instead, you should encourage your family members to wear fewer clothes and even be naked more often. So that you feel comfortable with each other's bodies before you take the plunge.
- If your kids are naked when bathing, don't worry about them not wearing any clothes.
- You can even encourage your kids to spend more time naked, if they're comfortable with it after playtime.
- Of course, once you get started with this, you will have to make it clear that this is how your way of life will be, but not what the outside world expects. Show your kids that being naked at home is acceptable, while it may not be so normal in the outside world.
Step 3. Make your family feel secure
If you want to practice nudism as a family, you have to make sure that people feel confident in who they are and what they look like. Make them feel beautiful, don't laugh at their bodies and give them compliments to make them feel like they are beautiful people, inside and out. While nudism isn't sexual, and it isn't about telling your partner that he looks great naked, you should encourage people to be who they are without excuses.
Simply providing a positive environment in your household will go a long way in getting your family involved in going naked. While healthy criticism is a good thing, you should focus on being positive rather than negative and encouraging your family members to grow spiritually and creatively
Step 4. Make nudism feel natural
Another thing you can do is make nudism feel like the norm when it comes to your home. If people don't wear clothes, don't comment on it, and don't immediately talk about how wonderful it is to take off clothes, rather treat it as a given. This will stop your family members from feeling self-conscious and make them feel that this is the most "normal" behavior.
If you and your family members are all naked at the table, treat it as something completely normal instead of saying how nice it is that you are all naked together. If something is natural, then there is no need to draw attention to it
Step 5. Make nudism a convenience
You can show your family that nudism is not only natural, but also easy. You don't have to constantly struggle with what to wear around the house. You don't have to go shopping for a million new outfits and can make do with what you have when you go out. If it's a hot day, you don't have to turn the temperature down to 0 degrees because you naturally feel cooler when you're naked.
Step 6. Do it as a family
Strength in numbers can help you practice nudism as a family without any worries or problems. If you are all comfortable with it, and you do it together at home, you will strengthen your bond with each other through your love for the freedom that nudism brings. Of course, you need to make sure your kids are comfortable enough to say they don't agree, or don't want to be a part of this lifestyle; you must respect their needs and beliefs and avoid ever forcing your beliefs on them.
Part 4 of 4: Practicing nudism outside your home
Step 1. Join a nudist community
If you are really interested in becoming a nudist, you can join a community of people who are also interested in preserving their rights to be nude and practicing nudism safely. In the Netherlands, for example, you can become a member of the NFN (Naturist Federation of the Netherlands). These organizations can help you find health clubs, private residences, beaches or other places where you can safely practice nudism.
- Joining a community will also make you feel less isolated about your beliefs and help you find more like-minded people.
- While most nudists are focused on being free and communicating with nature, there are also communities that encourage nudism for sexual reasons. If this isn't for you, be careful in your research.
Step 2. Look for a nudist beach or venue
You do not need a membership card of a nudist association to find a nudist beach or venue in your area. If you can find a place that fits your ideas of accepting yourself and respecting your own individuality, then you will be eager to find more places to practice nudism and to find more like-minded people.
If you practice nudism with your family, check that family members of all ages are welcome at the nudist beach or venue
Step 3. Take a nudist vacation
In recent years, nude recreation has become more popular than ever. Many people don't necessarily feel comfortable being naked where they live, but like the idea of going to a totally new country or city to practice nudism. You can develop outside of your comfort zone by finding nudist-only vacation rentals and enjoying the nudist lifestyle for a week.
- You can search normal holiday websites and search for nudist pampering holidays to find a park that is perfect for you, or you can use specialized websites that can help you find the perfect nudist destination.
- Some people are against practicing nudism in public in a place near their home because they are afraid of running into someone they know. If you are hundreds of kilometers away from home, this concern disappears like snow in the sun!
Step 4. Find opportunities to be naked outside
While you should be careful not to hurt an unexpected walker or neighbor with your nudism, it can help to practice your nudism if you can find a quiet and private place where you can be naked in public. This may also include swimming nude in an isolated lake, camping in a remote location and practicing nudism (if allowed), or practicing nudism in a remote farm or other enclosed location.
Just make sure you don't break any legal rules in that country. While it is not illegal to be naked in a public place, it is illegal to practice nudism in states like Arkansas or countries like Iran
- If you are a man and you get an erection, wait for it to pass. At some point, your naked body won't be enough to keep it going.
- Start very slowly, you don't want to put yourself in a painful situation.
- Keep your nudism separate from your sexual needs by reducing the number of sexual acts.
- Don't force nudism on people who don't understand it or aren't open to it.
- Nudism is illegal in the state of Arkansas. If you live in Arkansas and want to practice nudism, you're probably best off traveling or relocating to another state or country where nudism isn't outlawed.