Aging is part of life and applies to both men and women, but that doesn't mean it's easy. If you're afraid of losing your youthful appearance and appearance, you're not alone. But fear not-there are tools. There are plenty of things you can do to look years younger than your actual age. Plus, you can accomplish this without looting your savings account or going under the knife. For example, you can take extra care of your skin, or try a different hairstyle.
Part 1 of 4: Making your face look younger
Step 1. Choose a mild facial cleanser
Aging skin doesn't need harsh products like teenagers often need - often there is no excess oils. If your cleanser is too rough, you will strip the skin of its natural oils and dry out the skin. You will then look old faster. Choose products that are tailored to your age group, or products that are described as mild or moisturizing. Women should moisturize their face before applying makeup.
It is still important to wash your face as you get older. By washing your face you ensure that chemicals from your environment or any make-up are removed from your face. If you don't, those chemicals can make the skin look older
Step 2. Hydrate after cleansing
It is important to moisturize your skin well so that it can take good care of itself. Dry skin ages faster if it is not moisturized. Look for anti-aging creams with a high content of the active ingredient in them. If you're not sure which product you should buy (there are hundreds), try looking for reviews. Or look for scientific research that supports the effectiveness of the product. Make sure the product you choose is rich and deeply hydrating, unlike products you may have used in your younger years.
And remember, hydrating isn't just for women. There are plenty of similar products on the market for men
Step 3. Use sun protection daily
There are many hydrants on the market that already have a certain protection factor embedded, and this is because it is essential to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays you are exposed to every day. The sun is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to premature aging of the skin. Dermatologists therefore recommend applying a factor of 15 every day to prevent wrinkles, brown spots, and a dull complexion. In addition, it will protect you from skin cancer.
In addition to your face, you can also apply the sunscreen to your chest and the tops of your hands. Do this if you will be spending any time in the sun. This will prevent you from getting those spots on your chest and hands. If you are going to spend a long time in the sun, apply the cream all over your body
Step 4. Exfoliate your skin
Slightly exfoliating promotes skin cell renewal, and thus younger-looking skin. Choose a product that targets older skin, as these products are milder and less likely to dry out or damage the skin. Exfoliating is also a good thing to do because it makes the skin feel softer and looks more radiant.
Step 5. Keep track of your facial hair
For men, this will make them look better groomed, and less grubby. This will make you look better with age. For women, this masks the side effect of aging. However, there are things you should keep in mind:
- Men: Keep your face clean-shaven or neatly trimmed, and always keep your nose and ear hair trimmed. You can purchase a nose hair trimmer at the drugstore and it is simple and painless to use. Letting this hair grow wild will make you look older. It will also make you look a lot older. Also be careful to pluck your nose hairs, you don't want to look like an old man.
- Women: Women can sometimes experience facial hair after they have gone through the menopause. This is caused by a change in hormone levels. To get rid of this, and thus better disguise your age, there are some easy ways to get rid of it. You can opt for a laser treatment, you can wax it, use a chemical depilator, or opt for 'threading'.
Women should also ensure that their eyebrows remain reasonably thick. As you get older, your eyebrows will become thinner. So make them slightly thicker with a pencil that matches the color of your eyebrows. This keeps you looking youthful
Step 6. Wear makeup that makes you look younger (for women)
There are countless makeup tricks that can help women highlight their best features and hide the signs of aging. The trick is to disguise those imperfections by highlighting your best features, such as your eyes. Here are some tricks you can try:
- Use a creamy concealer. A concealer that is a little waxy, or that can cake, will make you look older.
- Apply some blush to your cheekbones. Do not use the blush in the hollow part of your cheeks. As you get older you will start to lose fat, which will naturally make your cheeks slightly hollow. This can make you look a bit older. So there is no reason to emphasize this with too much blush.
- Start using a brown eyeliner instead of a black one. As you get older, the black will contrast too sharply with the rest of your face. Brown will frame your eyes a little more gently.
- Show off your lashes. As you get older, your lashes will become thinner and straighter. Counteract this by curling your lashes, or using a heavier mascara.
- Limit the drama around your lips. A nice, dull lipstick can be a great addition to your face. But don't draw lines around your lips, and don't wear bright lipstick either. Your lips get thinner and thinner as you get older, and there's no need to overcompensate for that.
Part 2 of 4: Making your body look younger
Step 1. Maintain healthy teeth
With beautiful teeth you immediately look a lot younger and more attractive. Take good care of your teeth. This means brushing your teeth, flossing, and using mouthwash. If your teeth are not white enough, or if your teeth are bothering you, ask your dentist for advice. You can have them professionally bleached, viz. If you have dental problems, such as loose or discolored teeth or tooth erosion, you can get treatment.
- There are also products available that allow you to whiten your teeth yourself. You can also benefit from this, but ask your dentist for advice in advance.
- Your teeth can reveal more about your actual age than any other part of your body. So start early with good oral care.
Step 2. Cover your gray hair
This is not true for everyone, as some people are actually very satisfied with their gray or peppery hair. However, most would rather lose their gray hair than get rich, and there are a lot of hair products on the market that can help you combat them. It is wisest to choose a color that is almost the same as your original hair color - this will make it look as natural as possible. You can choose to have your hair dyed in a hair salon, but you can also save money by dyeing your hair at home. Keep in mind that any kind of hair dye will damage your hair, so try not to dye it too often. In addition, use products designed to care for damaged or colored hair.
- To avoid dyeing your hair too often, apply the dye mainly at the root. Where your real hair color is visible. Leave it there for a while longer, then work on the rest of your hair for the last few minutes. Another alternative is to buy side effects that mimic the color of your hair dye.
- Women may want to consider getting highlights set while they dye their hair. This will give them a softer look.
- Try to use natural or organic hair dye that does not contain harmful chemicals. Your hair will thank you.
Step 3. Update your hairstyle
Have you used "The Rachel" for the last twenty years? If so, then it's already time to get a slightly more fashionable haircut. Your youthful face with all its features will thrive with a new haircut. Read up on the fashion magazines and tabloids to find out what hairstyles are in fashion today. You don't have to pick something ultra-trendy if you don't like it, but a new haircut that suits you can make you look a decade younger. Here are some things to keep in mind when getting a new haircut:
- Consider getting bangs if you have a larger forehead and if it suits your face shape. This will make you appear more youthful.
- Layers can also take years off your apparent age. Layers give your hair more texture, more volume, and a fluffier appearance. It will rid you of that flat, threadlike nest that you are now suffering from.
- Cut your hair so that it frames your face and falls above your shoulders. If you take a few centimeters off your hair you will look years younger. Just don't cut it so short that you really look like a granny.
- Allow your hair to grow slightly so that your features appear less harsh. But don't let your hair grow too shaggy. If you do, you will only look older and more feral.
- If you're going bald, consider shaving your head. This will make you look younger and sexier. A bald head is better than a bald spot.
Step 4. Dress according to your age and body
Wearing flattering clothes can make you look slimmer and more fashionable at a glance, without having to put in too much effort. This is also true for men, although their body types usually don't differ too much from each other as they do for women. You won't look younger by dressing like someone twice your age; even better, it can make you look older. Rather focus on clothes that suit you.
- Women don't have to show extra cleavage to look younger. Instead, choose to wear flattering tops that bring out your best features without drawing too much attention to your chest.
- If you've been wearing the same clothes for years, it's time to update your wardrobe. If you don't know what to buy, ask a family member or friend to go shopping with you. Or, if you don't like that, look in the fashion magazines and look for a way to apply these advice yourself.
- If you're still unsure, go to a store and ask a store clerk for advice. Or just grab a bunch of clothes you like and go try them on. You will be pleasantly surprised by certain garments, and you will treat yourself to nice, new, but above all fresh garments.
Step 5. Wear bright colors
Bright colors make you look youthful, fun, and lively. Wearing bright colors will also make you feel younger and more energetic. Get rid of all those black, gray, and neutral colored garments. Brighten up your wardrobe with some red, orange, green, and other festive colors. While black and dark colored garments can slim down, they can also make you look older.
You don't have to get rid of your dark clothes right away. But if you have a black top, for example, you can spice it up a bit by adding a colorful scarf or brightly colored piece of jewelry
Step 6. Use the right accessories (for women)
Women should get rid of their matching jewelry. While they can give you a dignified look, they also make you look older. You will look younger if you wear nice, stylish earrings. Choose to put those in instead of that matching pearl necklace and earrings. Women with colored rings are also said to look younger. Rings can add a little spice to an outfit.
It also helps to have regular manicures and pedicures. This extra hand care will make you look even younger
Step 7. Wear a perfume that smells like grapefruit (for women)
Research has shown that wearing such a perfume or even lotion makes women look younger than any other fragrance. Don't overdo it, of course. A small syringe behind the ears can work wonders.
Step 8. Drink enough
Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This keeps the skin moist and keeps you looking as young and fresh as possible. Drinking enough water will keep your insides healthy and will not only make you feel better, but you will also look healthier. Make drinking water part of your daily routine. Don't just drink during the meal, but try to drink a glass of water every (two) hour, even if you are not even that thirsty.
You don't need to over-hydrate yourself, but do try your best to drink enough water. This way you stay healthy, and you keep looking young
Step 9. Exercise
This can be tricky because some people are too busy for it. It may also be that you have no idea what to do, or you think that you are not fit enough to exercise. Even a little exercise, however, will keep you energized and vibrant. This will not only make you look young, but you will also feel young. Combine this with a healthy and balanced diet and you will stay healthy for longer. You will also be energized for longer, as well as avoid illnesses that can add years to your appearance.
- Try to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.
- If it's really hard to add exercise to your daily schedule, try to walk as much as possible. Take the walk to the supermarket, instead of the car. Do a little pacing when you're on the phone with friends, or try just walking for two hours a week.
- Although it is important to stay in shape, it is not good to lose weight drastically. This can even make you look older. Losing weight quickly can cause the skin on your face and neck to sag. So do it in moderation.
- Examples of good sports exercises for the elderly include: yoga, Pilates, cycling, walking, and tennis.
Step 10. Eat foods that will make you look younger
Of course, there are no magical miracle foods that will make your face ten years younger, but there are foods that, if eaten regularly, can make you look and feel younger. Here are some foods you could add to your diet if you haven't already:
- oranges. The vitamin C in this delicious fruit is guaranteed to make you feel younger.
- Broccoli. This vegetable contains vitamin C and has properties that keep your liver strong.
- Low-fat yogurt. Your skin can benefit from this, and can provide your teeth with the necessary calcium.
- berries. The antioxidants in each berry help keep your skin fresh.
- Sweet potatoes. These are good for your hair and skin tone.
- carrots. These are fantastic for your skin.
Part 3 of 4: Taking Supplements
Supplements are a great way to make sure you don't have any issues and to keep your body healthy.
Step 1. Take 1000 - 2000 mg of vitamin C.
It is a water-soluble vitamin and antioxidant. This means that it protects your cells from damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin C is known to help heal skin, protect against harmful UV rays from the sun, and otherwise support the rest of the body (not just the skin). Do not take more than 2000 mg per day, as it can increase the risk of kidney stones.
Step 2. Take 4000 IU of vitamin D3 per day
This fat-soluble vitamin helps keep your bones strong, prevent cancer and autoimmunity, and support healthy skin aging. There are receptors for vitamin D throughout your body.
Step 3. Take a high-quality B-complex supplement. These vitamins have been shown to help repair skin and possibly prevent Alzheimer's disease.
Part 4 of 4: Maintaining healthy habits
Step 1. Quite more often
Of course. Research has shown that people who have sex at least 2-3 times a week look ten times younger than those who don't. This is because sex promotes the production of the human growth harmonic, and that hormone prevents aging. This doesn't mean you have to fuck three times a week just to look younger. But if you have a partner you love, you can do your best to make love a little more often.
You may be telling yourself that you're too busy, too tired, or too busy to have sex. So now you can think of sex as something that makes you look younger! That's very productive
Step 2. Maintain good posture
Nothing makes you look older faster than leaning forward like your grandma does. Good posture makes you look younger. Do your best to keep your back straight, your shoulders back, and your gaze forward. You will instantly look ten years younger. By keeping your back straight, the nerve cells in your spine work more efficiently. This gives you more energy, and you also feel a lot younger during the day.
It can be tempting to lean forward when sitting, but remember that good posture is something you should consider both sitting and standing
Step 3. Get enough sleep
You don't need to sleep 10-12 hours every night to try and look younger. That's not how it works. Try to be as well equipped as possible. As you get older, your body will show the effects of fatigue faster than before, especially around the eyes. You may even find that as you get older you need less sleep than you did 10 years ago. And that's fine.Try to stick to whichever magical sleep rhythm makes you happiest. Whether it's 7 hours a night or less.
Step 4. Get a regular massage
Try to get a massage at least once a month. Whether this is in a professional salon or by a loving partner, it doesn't matter. A massage can help you relax and release some of the tension that makes your body look older. It also secretes anabolic hormones, which ensures that aging is limited.
Try to get a massage at least once a month. If you feel tense, get massages more often
Step 5. Practice yoga
Yoga is a less invasive way to take care of your body and mind, relax, and feel more grateful for the life you've been given. Take a look around the yoga studio and see how youthful and energetic the women around you are. Doing yoga once or twice a week won't hurt your youthful appearance. Yoga is also a great way to exercise, recover from injuries, or start training as a beginner (if you're taking a beginner class, anyway).
Yoga also promotes a healthy lifestyle. This will also make you look younger
Step 6. Try to limit stress as much as possible
It is a fact that a stressful lifestyle will make you look unhappy and tired, and it will also make you look like wrinkles. Try to reduce your responsibilities, and look for new ways to meet the demands of life. Try to really relax for at least an hour every day. You can do this in the bath with a good book, or by watching your favorite television show. Although it is impossible to completely eliminate stress from your life, even if you live in a tropical paradise and have found a bag of money, you can certainly try to keep the stress to a minimum.
- This includes avoiding situations that cause you stress. Don't go to crowded parties that you don't feel like. Or don't participate in traffic when it's rush hour.
- Make a list of the ten things that stress you the most. Now try to come up with five ways to reduce that stress for each stressor.
- Of course, there are also stressful things that you cannot avoid, such as a parent with dementia or a partner who has lost his/her job. However, you do have the power to develop a more positive attitude towards all of these things.
Step 7. Don't smoke
If you're a smoker, try your best to quit ASAP (easier said than done, huh?) It's one of the worst things you can do if you're trying to avoid looking old. It will make your lips thinner, your skin drier and more wrinkled, and your hair and nails will discolor. In addition, by stopping you reduce the risk of serious illnesses, and you start a healthier lifestyle.
Smoking naturally makes you smell like cigarettes. This isn't the scent associated with people in the prime of their youth-in 2014, anyway
Step 8. Laugh as much as you can
Add laughter to your life. As you get older, happiness and laughter will become an essential part of your well-being. Surround yourself with good friends with funny stories to keep yourself as young and alive as possible. Don't worry if you get some wrinkles from laughing-laugh as hard as you can. Get around the people who make you laugh and make you feel ten years younger. You'll soon look ten years younger too!
Step 9. Avoid heavy or regular alcohol consumption
Fewer people are aware of the side effects of alcohol consumption than the effects of smoking, while they are just as harmful. Alcohol can lead to premature aging and is also associated with diseases later in life. Alcohol also dehydrates you, making your skin look drier. Alcohol can create puffiness around the eyes, which isn't exactly a youthful trait.
Of course, feeling young and having fun is also part of looking young. And for some people, alcohol is a fun social pacemaker. So if you like to go crazy and have a few martinis every now and then, don't ban the alcohol altogether
Step 10. Maintain a young attitude
Serious. You also need to have a fun, carefree attitude if you want to look young. This doesn't mean you should act immature, dance on the tables, or bully people. It means that you have to be positive and friendly in life. That you keep out jealousy and resentment, as well as all those other negative feelings that make you feel like an old lady.
- Try not to worry so much, and enjoy the world. You'll be so busy having fun that you won't have time to worry about your appearance.
- Be proud of your age. Stay positive about how you look, even if you wish you looked a little younger. Other people will see you in a better light that way too.