Want to write an article for wikiHow? Which can! Dutch is only a small language area, so we could use some help. Just start, you can always save your article and continue later. wikiHow's editors can help you if you can't figure it out.
Part 1 of 2: The basics
Step 1. Click Write New Article
Enter a title in the I know what I want to write about box and click Submit. For example, baking oliebollen
- Keep the title in mind with the question How can you? On the English website, all titles follow How to? In Dutch we have there so How can you? made of. For example: Repairing a thatched roof
- You can also write your article first in your word processor and then email it to [email protected] Also send a few photos!
Step 2. Write an introduction
In the white text box you can start writing your introduction. Make it clear what the article is about, and why others should read it. For example, is it almost new year? If you want to bake some delicious oliebollen for yourself and the kids, follow the steps below.
- The introduction does not have to be long. You can also skip the introduction first. You may not know what it's really about until after you've written your article.
- In all Dutch articles on wikiHow, the reader is addressed with 'je' and not with 'u'.
Step 3. Write your instructions
After the introduction, press enter for a new line and type ==Steps==. Press enter again for a new line and type a pound sign #. Then write the first instruction. For example, preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, or 180 degrees for a fan oven.
- The steps are automatically numbered and the first sentence is automatically bolded.
- Keep the first sentence in bold and then explain exactly what someone should do. This way, readers can quickly 'scan' your article by reading the bold lines.
- Write your instructions in the imperative mood.
Step 4. Add images
Articles with images always do better than without.
- Your images and other content are covered by one of the Creative Commons licenses. Mail your files to wikiHow Netherlands to have them included in your article.
- As a rule, you can simply post photos and other images that you have made yourself. By placing your images under a license, however, you also indicate how you share them with others, so whether others are allowed to use and share them.
- Make sure your images are in 4:3 (landscape) ratio. The best resolution for the image is 3200 by 2400 pixels. The minimum is 500 by 375 pixels.
Step 5. Click Publish to save your article
You can still continue to adjust and supplement your article. Only when the editors have approved the article will it become visible to others. Your source text should now look something like this:
Is it almost new year? If you want to bake some delicious oliebollen for yourself and the kids, follow the steps below.
#Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, or 180 degrees for a fan oven.
Part 2 of 2: Advanced
Step 1. Place nuts
If you want to include a source reference or comment as a note, write it between these tags. For example: The note will automatically appear at the end of your article.
Step 2. Post links to other articles on wikiHow
If you want to place a link to another Dutch article, type [[article title|text]]. So to reference an article called Drinking Wine, type Read More About [[Drinking Wine|Drinking Wine]].
Step 3. Post links to web pages outside of wikiHow
To link to a page outside of wikiHow, type [URL text]. For example: Take a look at the [http://www.nrc.nl website of NRC Handelsblad].