If you and your partner want to spice up your sex life, you can decide to gag each other. Gagging involves tying someone's hands and feet behind their back and then tying the wrist and ankle cuffs together. Before gagging someone, make sure you have their permission and stop immediately if they change their mind. If your partner is tied up, stay with it all the time and release him/her if the skin changes color or if there is pain or numbness.
Method 1 of 3: Tying the hands together
Step 1. Ask your partner to lie on his/her stomach
Choose a comfortable surface, such as a bed, or soft carpet. Then have him or her lie down with the legs stretched out and the arms at the sides. Have them turn their head left or right, whichever is most comfortable.
If you are beginners, have your partner lie on his/her back first. Then tie the hands and feet at the front of the body, so as not to make it too difficult right away.
Step 2. Turn your partner's arms back onto their backs
Bring your partner's hands behind their backs as if they were being arrested. Don't place your partner's hands too high, but over their waist or buttocks so that the position doesn't cause too much discomfort.
The elbows should be slightly bent to avoid straining
Step 3. Fold a rope in half and pull the ends through the loop to make a cuff
Make a loop by folding your rope in half, then put the rope behind your partner's hands. Wrap the ends of the rope around your partner's wrists, then thread them through the loop. Tighten the ends a bit to tighten the rope around your partner's wrists.
This helps to tie your partner's hands securely. Once the cuff is properly tightened, it cannot get any tighter
Step 4. Wrap the ends of the rope around the hands in opposite directions
After wrapping the rope around the wrists, reverse the direction of the rope ends. Then wrap the rope around the outside of the right wrist. Then turn the rope and wrap it around the outside of the left wrist to make a second loop.
Be careful not to pull the rope too tight
Step 5. Tie the ends around the center of the rope with an overhand knot
Bring the end of the rope up and over the center of the loop you made around your partner's wrists. Then wrap the ends of the rope around it several times to create a firm cuff. Finally, tie the ends of the rope one more time to get a firm gag.
- You can use any knot you want. If you don't have a preferred knot, try a 'square knot' or an 'overhand knot'.
- To make an overhand knot, join the two ends of the rope into one strand. Then make a loop at the bottom of the rope near the cuffs and pull the ends through the loop. Tighten it until you have a tight knot.
Method 2 of 3: Tying the feet
Step 1. Ask your partner to bend the knees and lift the feet
The knees are bent at a 90-degree angle, with the bottoms of the feet pointing upwards. Bring his/her legs close together so that the inside of the ankles can easily touch.
Depending on what kind of access you want after you've tied him/her up, you can spread their knees a bit if they're comfortable with that. This can make it easier to have sexual contact while they are tied up
Step 2. Fold the rope in half and put the loop around the ankles
Fold the rope into a loop and place it behind your partner's ankles. Insert the ends of the rope into the loop and pull to secure the rope around the ankles.
Basically you do the same thing here as you did when you wrapped the wrists
Step 3. Wrap the ankles a second time, but in reverse
Twist the rope a second time around the ankles, in the direction the rope is already pointing. Then tuck the end of the rope between the loops of the left ankle. Change the direction of the rope and wrap it around the ankles a third time.
- When you're done with this, the ankles are joined together with three loops.
- Check with your partner that you have not gagged your feet too tightly; it shouldn't hurt.
Step 4. Wrap the rope around the loop and tie a knot
Bring the ends of the rope to the center of the cuff around your partner's ankles. Then wrap the ends of the rope once or twice around the center of the cuff. Finally, tie the ends of the rope around the cuff.
- Use the knot that is easiest for you. The most commonly used knot is the square knot, where you put the right side of the rope over the left side, then pull the left side of the rope through the loop and pull it tight.
- Another option is the overhand knot, which you make by holding the two ends of the rope together, creating a loop at the bottom, and threading both ends through the loop. Pull this on until you have a knot.
Method 3 of 3: Connecting hands and feet together
Step 1. Fold a rope in half and place the loop under the wrist cuff
Fold the rope in half to create a loop, then place the rope under the wrist cuff with the loop toward the head. Bring up the ends of the rope and pull them through the loop. Then pull down the ends of the rope to tighten the loop around the wrist cuff.
This will help keep your partner secure, as the loop won't tighten their wrist cuffs as they move or as you continue to gag
Step 2. Tie the ends of the rope around the foot cuff
Bring the ends of the rope down toward your partner's feet. Then tie the rope around the center of the foot cuff. Adjust the length of the rope to suit your partner's flexibility and comfort.
- By pulling the rope tight, hands and feet come closer together.
- A slightly looser rope will allow your partner to keep their hands and feet further apart.
Step 3. Return the ends of the rope to the wrist cuff
Pull the ends of the rope up to the wrist cuff and then tie them around the center of the cuff. When it is stuck, the ends of the rope should be under the hands.
Ask your partner if he/she feels that he/she can stay in this position for a while longer. Once you're done gagging, it will take a while to unpack everything again
Step 4. Wrap the ends of the rope around the length of the toggle
Bring the ends of the rope together. Starting just below the hands, wrap the ends of the rope around the tense length of rope that runs from the wrists to the ankles.
- When you have enough rope, go all the way to the feet.
- If the twine has already run out, tie the ends of the twine along the length of the twine.
Step 5. Tie the ends of the twine together in the center of the foot cuff
Once you get to the feet, separate the ends of the rope. Place one end over the top of the foot cuff and one end under the bottom of the foot cuff. Then tie a knot in the ends of the rope around the foot cuff.
Use the same type of knot you used to tie the hands and feet
- Agree with your partner a safety word that you can use if either of you wants to quit.
- Stay close to your partner the entire time he/she is tied up so that he/she will always feel safe.
- Have a pair of scissors or a knife nearby so you can cut/cut the ropes quickly if your partner panics.
- Never try to tie up someone who doesn't want to. That is a form of assault, so always ask permission and respect your partner's boundaries.
- Remove the rope immediately if your partner's skin turns blue, he/she is in a lot of pain, or a certain part of the body becomes numb. This can cause dangerous injuries. If you have to cut the rope, do it.
- Your partner can get sore wrists and ankles if you pull the ropes too tight. He/she may also have trouble breathing if you pull the ropes too far back. Ask regularly if everything is still in order.