This wikiHow teaches you how to set the time on a Baby G wristwatch. The time on both the digital and analog-digital versions of the Baby G watch can be set in the same way, although the additional features of your watch will vary by model.
Step 1. Familiarize yourself with the buttons on your watch
There are four main buttons on your watch. They may be labeled differently than shown below, but all have the same functions once you put your watch into edit mode:
- Customize - Top left corner of the watch. Used to put the watch into edit mode.
- Reverse - Top right corner of the watch. Used to go back one value (e.g. a time zone, an hour, etc.)
- Forward - Bottom right corner of the watch. Used to move forward one value (e.g. a time zone, an hour, etc.)
- Mode - Bottom left of the watch. Used to scroll through the options on your watch.
Step #2. Press and hold the 'Customize' button for three seconds
This is the button in the top left corner of the watch face. After three seconds, you should see one of the items on the watch face flashing.
Step 3. Press the 'Mode' button repeatedly until the 'Seconds' value starts flashing
The "Mode" button is located at the bottom left of the watch face. Once the number showing the number of seconds starts flashing, you can proceed.
Step 4. Reset the seconds to the current time
Press the 'Back' or 'Forward' button in the top right or bottom corner of the watch. until the seconds match the current time (for example, 30 seconds).
Step 5. Select the value 'Minutes'
Press the 'Mode' button again to select the number that represents the minutes.
Step 6. Change the Minutes value to a minute for the current time
You can do this by pressing the 'Back' or 'Forward' button.
If you set the minutes to one minute before the current time, the minutes will automatically sync when the seconds return to 60
Step 7. Select the 'Hour' value
Press the 'Mode' button again until the current hour is selected.
Step 8. Change the 'Hour' value to the current hour
Press the 'Back' or 'Forward' button to move to the current hour (eg.
If you have set the 12-hour time on your watch, make sure the time of day (represented by "AM" and "PM") is correct. If not, you have to go through 12 hours to get the correct time
Step 9. Adjust any flashing options
You can press the 'Mode' button to cycle through other options your watch has to offer, and use the 'Back/Forward' buttons to adjust them as needed:
- Time Zone - This usually appears at the top of the watch face. Note that the time zone affects the current hour.
- DST - you can turn this on or off on supported watches. Doing so will reset your watch's time based on daylight saving time.
- 12H or 24H - This setting allows you to choose between 12-hour time (e.g. AM and PM) and 24-hour time (e.g. 06:00 for 6 AM, 18:00 for 6 PM).
- Light - On Baby G watches with built-in lighting, you can set a number of seconds during which the light stays on.
- Date - You can usually set the month and day on supported watches.
Step 10. Press the 'Edit' button
This will set the time of your Baby G watch to your selected time.
- Some watch models, especially analog-digital ones, require you to press and hold 'Adjust' for a few seconds before the time is set.
- The hands of analog-digital models automatically adjust to the digital time.
- Most Casio Baby G watches are more or less the same when it comes to setting the time, so these instructions should work for almost any model.
- Depending on the model of your watch, Casio may have the user manual available online. Use the 4-digit number on the bottom of the watch, or the model number, to find your watch's online documentation.